DOES a P4 needs a different case (ATX)???

RTR

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I just bought a new MB with a P4 (512k/FSB533), but when I start it up, only the ventilator work, nothing else. It even doens´t do a POST. MY PCCase is an ATXv2.01 The MB hse another ATX conection (ATX12V). It that the problem? I mean, do I have to buy another cas so that the MB works? Or is the MB/CPU broken?

ANy help is welcome.

Thx a lot
David

ahhh - you need an atx 2.03 case. It needs to have one of those 4pin square molux connectors. If you look on the motherboard it has one and you need that plugged into there.

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Your case is probably fine.

P4 gets it's power from that 4 pin 12v connector. If you don't have the right connector in there all you really need is a new power supply... with, of course, the appropriate connector supplied.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---

RTR

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Thx alot all of you! I have just ordered at my store a new PC Case with ATX2.03. The bad thing is that I still have to wait until monday.

Anyway, I want to thank you al for helping me out of this. If everybody would help everybody in the world, maybe there wouldnt be any war out there.

Greetings,

David

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You didn't need a new case, just a power supply. And you really didn't need a power supply, as there is an adapter available that converts a standard drive plug to the square ATX12v plug. $3 would have made your system work maybe.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>