I 9300-few questions

Planning to get one, but would like to know:
-is the TV tuner internal
-do I have to use Windows Media Center with it, or can I use some other
software with TV? I need to have XP Pro to use remote desktop connection?
-can I get some other external TV tuner and use it with this laptop?
-any advice for/against bying it?
TIA

"compitus" <compitus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Planning to get one, but would like to know:
> -is the TV tuner internal
> -do I have to use Windows Media Center with it, or can I use some other
> software with TV? I need to have XP Pro to use remote desktop connection?
> -can I get some other external TV tuner and use it with this laptop?
> -any advice for/against bying it?
> TIA

MCE supports Remote Desktop, at least MCE 2003 does. I run it on my
Dimension 2400 and control the machine remotely every day.

Tom

compitus wrote:
> I need to have XP Pro to use remote desktop connection?

One alternative to remote desktop is VNC, it's available for just about
every OS out there and its free (albeit a bit bandwith intensive). You
can easily control your XP system from a any Windows, Mac, or Linux box,
and it can be made quite secure by tunneling through SSH.