Windows won't update

I have a dell xp home. I can download the updates but it
always says can't successfully update. I just did a repair
of the OS and thought that would surely fix the problem.
It didn't. It still won't process the downloads into
successful updates.

Any ideas??
Thanks,
Lyn
6 answers Last reply
More about windows update

    Do you use AOL? Then you may go here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811269

    Are you on an administrator account while updating? That is a must
    requirement.
    If you get other error messages that the updates fail windows logo testing
    etc. you may go here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798

    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    Lyn wrote:

    > I have a dell xp home. I can download the updates but it
    > always says can't successfully update. I just did a repair
    > of the OS and thought that would surely fix the problem.
    > It didn't. It still won't process the downloads into
    > successful updates.
    >
    > Any ideas??
    > Thanks,
    > Lyn

    You might want to post this to the windows update newsgroup:

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Lyn wrote:

    > I have a dell xp home. I can download the updates but it
    > always says can't successfully update. I just did a repair

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#4
  4. Just go to this site I built, http://connectionwizard.comoj.com/ there are the programs you need (FREE) and full instructions telling you how to install and uninstall them. When you are done you will be able to get you updates again, your machine will be like you first bought it as well. Take Care
  5. That's really useful answer to someone who posted in 2005. What is it with all this SPAM?
  6. That person has brought back about 7 of those kinds of posts recently.

Microsoft Windows XP