Tags:
  • Drivers
  • DVD
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
March 30, 2010 12:55:43 PM

Hello All,

I've been reading posts for days on how to fix the missing CD/DVD Driver. I tried the slow burn that didn't work. So I read many people were resolving their issue with creating a bootable usb install. I did this, it boots fine and loads up but then I still come to find the missing CD/DVD driver error even when the DVD drive is out of the equation. This leaves me quite confused hopefully someone out here has seen this and knows what to do.

I'm trying to install Windows 7 x64

My laptop specs are as follows

i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz
6GB (3x2GB) 1333Mhz DDR3
1GB GeForce GTX 280M

I'm currently running Vista Ultimate x64 on a Clevo D900F laptop. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

More about : missing dvd driver usb install

March 30, 2010 3:06:14 PM

If it helps any I created the bootable USB using diskpart. I extracted the ISO to my computers hard drive and then used bootsect. I then copied all of the files extracted from the ISO to the USB. Also I optimized the USB for performance as was suggested on some sites.
m
l
March 30, 2010 6:14:18 PM

Is anyone aware of a generic DVD-RW driver that could potentially get me past the missing cd/dvd driver error on installation?
m
l
Related resources
March 30, 2010 10:19:09 PM

i have the same issue with my desktop. i just ordered a new dvdr drive to see if i can get it installed with a different drive.
from what i read people had some success using a USB connected dvd drive when the laptop drive didnt work. if its not to expensive, or you know someone with a netbook, that might be a solution for you.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 31, 2010 1:10:27 AM

does windows even detect the drive? are you able to get a list of drivers when pointing to the USB drive when in the update driver window?
m
l
!