Sign in with
Your question

Deleting an admin account off my laptop W7

Last response: in Windows 7
October 22, 2012 8:16:42 AM

So my creepy stalker over obsessive bf got onto my laptop while I was away and put in some kind of hack CD into my laptop and created his own 'virtual' account that he could log onto and delete the password off of my admin account. He went through all my stuff, found nothing, and changed my password. I cracked my password and the admin account he created with his CD thing, and the 'delete account' option is not showing in the user control place. I am pretty experienced when it comes to computers and all of that stuff but this account will NOT delete. I've even created new accounts, added passwords, made them admins, and I can delete those accounts.

So his special little account is really bugging me and I am at my wits end of busting his computer just because he thinks its ok to go through and change my things.

I need some serious help as to how to delete the account , its bugging me , and how to make sure he cant get on my laptop account again.

More about : deleting admin account laptop

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
October 22, 2012 10:03:57 AM

1) Dump the Shithead!
2) Back up all your Docs, Pics and stuff you need
3) Re-Install windows from scratch!
4) Have better luck finding a non-nutter BF!

If he has done this to your laptop, a clean start in both relationship and operating system is the only safe way forward!

All the best, hope it works out for you.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 22, 2012 10:06:42 AM

Start, right click on Computer and choose Manage, Local Users and Groups, Users

can you delete the account here?
m
l
Related resources
October 22, 2012 10:15:14 AM

I agree with Moricon but I would add some stages before step 1 like signing him up to some subsriptions on his card; download Yontoo and as many other crappy malware progs you can find on to his PC; and install log me in free then post the details on dodgy forums. Don't forgat to uninstall his antivirus and switch off his firewall first.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 22, 2012 10:25:18 AM

Sonophos said:
I agree with Moricon but I would add some stages before step 1 like signing him up to some subsriptions on his card; download Yontoo and as many other crappy malware progs you can find on to his PC; and install log me in free then post the details on dodgy forums. Don't forgat to uninstall his antivirus and switch off his firewall first.

that doesn't solve anything, or improve her situation. It just asks for a response. He's clearly a nut and a restraining order may already be needed. No sense encouraging him to retaliate.

When you need a loser out of your life it's about what's best for you and getting them out as quickly, cleanly and completely as possible. Not starting drama or revenge that will drag on.
m
l
October 22, 2012 10:41:43 AM

Emerald said:
Start, right click on Computer and choose Manage, Local Users and Groups, Users

can you delete the account here?

Nope already tried it, I can create an admin account with pass and everything and delete them but I can't delete the one my guy created. :fou: 
m
l
October 22, 2012 10:49:53 AM

Trusteer is a free peice of software specifically designed to prevent key logging when you go to certain web sites. to check if he has a key logger load it up and use it.
Check the results and if there is no logger then all you have to worry about is if he gets hold of the laptop. I doubt he has remote access without you knowing.
m
l
October 22, 2012 11:05:44 AM

unksol said:
that doesn't solve anything, or improve her situation. It just asks for a response. He's clearly a nut and a restraining order may already be needed. No sense encouraging him to retaliate.

When you need a loser out of your life it's about what's best for you and getting them out as quickly, cleanly and completely as possible. Not starting drama or revenge that will drag on.

You have to get the message accross that this is not OK somehow.

I just had a thought: He has renamed the Original Admin account and that can not be deleted. He hasn't done anything fancy. Just rename and reset the password on that account, you should be OK once you have scanned your PC.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 22, 2012 11:18:51 AM

1. Doing everything he did you on his computer, makes you no better.
2. Dump the tosser.
3. What he did is a crime, call the cops.
4. Reinstall, with a full disk format to make sure nothing left behind
5. Disable boot from CD/USB from within the BIOS and then use a password to protect BIOS setup and if it allows, another to allow system to be booted.
6. Encrypt personal files.
7. Lock PC in a secure cupboard.
m
l
October 22, 2012 2:19:01 PM

get a new boyfriend and install Linux.

m
l
October 22, 2012 3:22:15 PM

LOVELLiE said:
So my creepy stalker over obsessive bf got onto my laptop while I was away and put in some kind of hack CD into my laptop and created his own 'virtual' account that he could log onto and delete the password off of my admin account. He went through all my stuff, found nothing, and changed my password. I cracked my password and the admin account he created with his CD thing, and the 'delete account' option is not showing in the user control place. I am pretty experienced when it comes to computers and all of that stuff but this account will NOT delete. I've even created new accounts, added passwords, made them admins, and I can delete those accounts.

So his special little account is really bugging me and I am at my wits end of busting his computer just because he thinks its ok to go through and change my things.

I need some serious help as to how to delete the account , its bugging me , and how to make sure he cant get on my laptop account again.

Have you tried Microsoft Management Console? Got to Run and type 'MMC'.? Under file click Add snap-ins. Add the Users snap-in(or something similar) and it should list all accounts on the PC. You may be able to delete it from there.

Good luck. Oh and I agree with Das_stag...call the cops. It's illegal for him to do that.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 22, 2012 3:53:21 PM

This 'CD thing' may have installed rootkit style software or made other fundamental changes to system files.

Personally I'd go for a reinstall to be sure. If you don't want that then maybe check the system files.

Open an elevated command prompt (ctrl shift cmd) then use sfc /scannow
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 22, 2012 4:09:29 PM

Anonymous said:
1) Dump the Shithead!
2) Back up all your Docs, Pics and stuff you need
3) Re-Install windows from scratch!
4) Have better luck finding a non-nutter BF!

If he has done this to your laptop, a clean start in both relationship and operating system is the only safe way forward!

All the best, hope it works out for you.

This, Every bit of THIS^
m
l
October 22, 2012 4:31:48 PM

definitely new boyfriend time. I'd completely wipe the HDD or replace it to make sure he has no malware installed or any backdoors. Call the cops and get a restraining order. A relationship is all about trust and he has none, so there is no relationship.
m
l
October 22, 2012 4:35:41 PM

noise said:
This 'CD thing' may have installed rootkit style software or made other fundamental changes to system files.

Personally I'd go for a reinstall to be sure. If you don't want that then maybe check the system files.

Open an elevated command prompt (ctrl shift cmd) then use sfc /scannow

+1 regarding the CD. He may have also introduced other issues.

It really is the guaranteed method of ensuring he hasn't introduced anything else onto the system without your knowledge.

I get the sneaking suspicion you may not have performed a back-up lately? :) 
m
l
!