Nehalem Goes Wide; AMD Cancels Kuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Chicago (IL) - It typically takes a while until new processor architectures become available to the mass market, but a new roadmap leaked onto the Internet suggests that the upcoming Nehalem processor will not just be available to the performance segment initially.

Nehalem Goes Wide; AMD Cancels Kuma : Read more

nihility

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
will it be possible to overclock nehalem? I heard rumors that it wouldn't be or will only be possible with the extreme version of the chipset (motherboard)

Lozil

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
The Nehalam looks Great.... Intel Has a winner in it's hand it seems...
Never Seen the AMD in Action for The Long time now.... Just ATI is Getting back to the game... Expecting someting which can challenge Intel from AMD A soon as possible.....

Free Software's Links

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
im sorry im jaded by phenoms disaster, im getting nehalem and this from someone that for 12 years has been selling/using amd systems mostly ;s

Wheat_Thins

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
I hope AMD can do something to keep Intel prices in line, I could care less which company holds the performance crown as long as there is enough competition where I am not paying $500.00 for a midrange processor.

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I wish Tom's could get back on top of reviewing their articles. It is hard to put any stock in anything when it is filled with mis-types.

lopopo

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Personally not a fan boy of AMD or INTEL. Just like the competition because it drives down prices. AMD were beaten by penryn. Ok it happens.
But now they will be raped performance wise by Nehalem and the lower priced yorkfields and wolfdales will make sure no AMD processors are sold wile retailers dump their stock of older model processors.
This is cutthroat business and if AMD wont compete then I hope Samsung or Motorola buys them out. AMD has smart people behind the workbench but their boardroom is run my morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.