I have been happily running XP Home for a few years now.

However, I am starting to do some ColdFusion work, and it appears I need XP
Pro in order to run a local testing server.
SO - what is the best route to upgrading Home to Pro?

I do not want to reformat, reinstall or reorganize anything! My PC is very
happy just as it is... is there a simple "in place" method to allow me to
upgrade to Pro? AND - is there an upgrade-only version, since I am already
running (and have already paid for) XP Home? If so, what is the best place
to buy it?

Thanks

You can use the standard XP Pro Upgrade kit you find in the stores.

"Michael Evangelista <Evangelista Design>"
<contact_me_online_@evangelista-web.com> wrote in message
>I have been happily running XP Home for a few years now.
>
> However, I am starting to do some ColdFusion work, and it appears I need
> XP
> Pro in order to run a local testing server.
> SO - what is the best route to upgrading Home to Pro?
>
> I do not want to reformat, reinstall or reorganize anything! My PC is very
> happy just as it is... is there a simple "in place" method to allow me to
> upgrade to Pro? AND - is there an upgrade-only version, since I am already
> running (and have already paid for) XP Home? If so, what is the best place
> to buy it?
>
> Thanks

So this would be the same version used to upgrade from another version of
Windows altogether?
(like from win98, etc) ?

> You can use the standard XP Pro Upgrade kit you find in the stores.
>

> "Michael Evangelista <Evangelista Design>"
> <contact_me_online_@evangelista-web.com> wrote in message
>>I have been happily running XP Home for a few years now.
>>
>> However, I am starting to do some ColdFusion work, and it appears I need
>> XP
>> Pro in order to run a local testing server.
>> SO - what is the best route to upgrading Home to Pro?
>>
>> I do not want to reformat, reinstall or reorganize anything! My PC is
>> very
>> happy just as it is... is there a simple "in place" method to allow me to
>> upgrade to Pro? AND - is there an upgrade-only version, since I am
>> already
>> running (and have already paid for) XP Home? If so, what is the best
>> place
>> to buy it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> --

"Michael Evangelista <Evangelista Design>"
<contact_me_online_@evangelista-web.com> wrote:

>So this would be the same version used to upgrade from another version of
>Windows altogether?
>(like from win98, etc) ?

That's right. There's no special edition to upgrade from XP Home to XP
Pro.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Thanks, Tim.

Michael Evangelista Wrote:
> I have been happily running XP Home for a few years now.
>
> However, I am starting to do some ColdFusion work, and it appears I
> need XP
> Pro in order to run a local testing server.
> SO - what is the best route to upgrading Home to Pro?
>
> I do not want to reformat, reinstall or reorganize anything! My PC is
> very
> happy just as it is... is there a simple "in place" method to allow me
> upgrade to Pro? AND - is there an upgrade-only version, since I am
> already
> running (and have already paid for) XP Home? If so, what is the best
> place
> to buy it?
>
> Thanks

Yes, you are able to upgrade you current Home edition of Windows to XP
Pro edition. There is an upgrade only version, which cost less than if
you would have just bought the regular one. I searched a lot of places
and they came up to about the same prices, about $200. You do not need
to reformat your hard drive by the way. Just insert the CD and upgrade.
However, I would still recommend you to back up your important files,
but I like to play it safe. Its totally up to you. Good luck with it!
:D

--
Evolution54