Am I missing something here???

Just wondered if I am not seeing this correctly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13723&item=6189322025&rd=1

Craig
CARGPB23
8 answers Last reply
More about missing here

    Well....... I guess after about 13 or so Beers, even that sunset could
    "Ahem" look like Pacman! LOL! Or, maybe its the seller that has had a
    tad' bit much to drink of Adult Alcholic Beverges! Either/Or, Good
    One!~Pinball Bret

    well the seller works for ebay. They are all idiots so i'm not a bit
    surprised.

    Would I be a total DICK if I were to bid on this item and then force
    the Issue , and try to make them ship me a pac man ? or would I be
    fighting a loosing battle as this is an ebay employee ? It could be
    worth $20 worth of fun

    Nwojedi wrote:
    > well the seller works for ebay. They are all idiots so i'm not a bit
    > surprised.

    When looking at the guys profile, I saw a grey/black dot over a red
    check mark. When clicking on it, it takes me to

    http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/idverify-login.html

    (here is another link
    http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/idverify-terms.html )

    Is this 'ID verify' something new?

    C_kubie

    You wouldn't be a total dick, but there is a pacman pinball game for
    the Nintendo Gameboy Advance. Chances are if you push the issue you
    will just be paying 20 bucks plus shipping for a 15 dollar video game.

    Austin

    You wouldn't be a total dick, but there is a pacman pinball game for
    the Nintendo Gameboy Advance. Chances are if you push the issue you
    will just be paying 20 bucks plus shipping for a 15 dollar video game.

    Austin

    No, it is not new. They have been doing ID Verify for years. Ebay
    will use your credit report to verify who you are. After you fill out
    the ID Verfy fields, they will pick out some of the credit accounts you
    have and ask a question that theortically, you are the only one that
    would know. Such as 'we show you have a car loan, is it with one of
    the below listed banks and if it is, which one?'. This supposedly
    verifies you are who you say you are. If you do this with Ebay, the
    restriction on number of feedback or length of account before you can
    run, say Dutch auctions, goes away. Then they charge you $5 for it.

    Jim

    lbarry7637@aol.com wrote:
    > Just wondered if I am not seeing this correctly.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13723&item=6189322025&rd=1

    It looks like the guy and his buddies are having some fun with the system...

    http://tinyurl.com/ay5jh

    Also, chek out his auction for a "Test" -- it has a bidder!

    Clive
    ---
    Board repairs, EPROMs, servicing...

    The Coin-Op Cauldron