Need some help reseting bios password on a Packard Bell A950-TWR

geo58impala

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
A friend of mine gave me a Packard Bell A950-TWR desktop computer dated around either '95 or '96. I can't find a way to get it to work right. Ok here's the story: When I first booted it up I found that the CMOS battery was completely dead, but I was still able to enter Bios. So I turned it off and replaced the battery with one from another computer. (One that boots properly) I turned the machine back on and it won't let me enter the bios without entering a password. I've tried resetting the CMOS jumper, (Flash Recovery J9C1) but it still asks for a password. I downloaded KillCMOS and put it on a floppy but I don't think I copied it right since I don't see it showing up on the boot screen on startup. Is there a generic Packard Bell password out there I can use? What should I do?

I also noticed the cd-rom drive won't open :/

geo58impala

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Well this morning I turned the machine on and wala: the password requirement disappeared... :ouch: and I can now enter the BIOS! Must have been one of the Packard Bell security features. Thank you for you help anyhow. :)