Funhouse: Yes More About These Upgrade Chips They Offer

What does anyone know about these "Upgrade" chips some people off for the
game? What does it offer? (more Rudy's voice or Music and Sound effect?)

TexasSteven

We have a listing with known features on our website- see:
www.actionpinball.com in the Game ROM Chips section. Click on "history" link
next to any game listed there to see available info.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What does anyone know about these "Upgrade" chips some people off for the
> game? What does it offer? (more Rudy's voice or Music and Sound effect?)
>
> TexasSteven

Nothing of that at all
It is just a newer version (if it is at all) of the game software
A newer version usually has only a few bugs resolved, in rare cases it may
have some new gamerules.
In this group are many people that will update your gamerom for free if you
send it to them with a SASE

For Europe I also offer such a free update service.

--
With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
Hans Balk
> What does anyone know about these "Upgrade" chips some people off for the
> game? What does it offer? (more Rudy's voice or Music and Sound effect?)
>
> TexasSteven

There are a few differences, including but not limited to

When Tournament mode is selected, the mystery mirror always begins the
game set to "Quick Multiball"

During multiball, the "ramp ripoff" detector (that gives you the ball
back if a ramp shot goes out the left drain) was still active. 2 Balls
could simulate this behavior and cause a free ball. This has been
corrected.

The priority for the "lockup arrival" sound has been raised to be above
that of the super dog targets.

The trap door will not close within several seconds of a lockup hit, to
provide a shot into an open trap door anytime the lockup is made. It
also will wait for Rudy's hideout to kick out if the ball lands there
while it is open.

A new adjustment called "smart trap door" has been added to allow the
trap door to open on the 1st switch following the loop. This will stop
the roll-back problem on the door.

There is a new game adjustment called MIL. + CARRYOVER. If this is set
to "YES", then a player that gets a 2nd multiball continues million plus
where he left off at the end of the 1st.

The priority of a super dog target hit has been lowered below the
mystery mirror effect, such that the yum-yum super dog display will be
cut off by a mirror award.

The gangway lamps now blink in a timeout sequence faster and faster to
give you an idea of how much time is left.

When a player is posted for entering initials, Rudy, says "Way to go,
LED (if LED were the initials entered in)

When Rudy says Good night after enter your initials he is supposed to
address the last player to put his initials in. Due to a bug, he always
said good night to player 1. This has been corrected.

When the S-T-E-P standup targets were hit, the lamp effects (both lit
and unlit) allocated the start button lamp which caused it to go out
momentarily. This has been corrected.

During the "jackpot instructions" (shoot trap door for 2,000,000), if
the timing is wrong, it would scroll the message out while dimmed. The
lower line is now forced bright before the scrolling is attempted.

The trap door now blinks in a "timed progression" to indicate how close
it is to a timeout.

The timing of the lockup arrival sound has been modified to prevent a
re-triggering of this sound.

There's also an associated special sound ROM that changes the light show
and sound synchronization through putting initials in during a high score.

You'll have to rejumper your CPU if it is running an older ROM, though.
You'll have to install W1 and cut out W2.

The only problem with an exchange in this case is the fact that many
older FH ROMS used a 27c010, and L-9 uses a 27c020.

I've offered up the FH L-9 and L-2M combo sets for $5 shipped worldwide
as part of my monthly ROM specials for some time now. Same goes for the
T2 "profanity" roms. It'll still be up there at the end of this week
when I post next month's specials, but the rest may get changed around a
bit.

http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/special.html

Hope it helps!

--john

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Shoot 'M Again wrote:
> Nothing of that at all
> It is just a newer version (if it is at all) of the game software
> A newer version usually has only a few bugs resolved, in rare cases it may
> have some new gamerules.
> In this group are many people that will update your gamerom for free if you
> send it to them with a SASE
>
> For Europe I also offer such a free update service.
>
> --
> With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
> Hans Balk
> The Shoot 'M Again Team
> www.shootmagain.nl
> www.flipperwinkel.NL
> "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> schreef in bericht
>
>>What does anyone know about these "Upgrade" chips some people off for the
>>game? What does it offer? (more Rudy's voice or Music and Sound effect?)
>>
>>TexasSteven

TRENDING THREADS