Audio Doesn't work

Hello.

I seem to be having a problem with my audio. I re-installed windows XP
because my computer was not working proberly. Now my audio doesn't work. I
checked add hardware, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on a
hardware but it only takes my to trouble shooting, and nothing has worked. Is
there another way I can get my audio devices working?

Any help would be great!

P.S. my speakers are plugged in :P
3 answers Last reply
More about audio doesn work

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:25:04 -0700, Robb Reis
    <RobbReis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >I seem to be having a problem with my audio. I re-installed windows XP
    >because my computer was not working proberly. Now my audio doesn't work. I
    >checked add hardware, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on a
    >hardware but it only takes my to trouble shooting, and nothing has worked. Is
    >there another way I can get my audio devices working?
    >
    >Any help would be great!
    >
    >P.S. my speakers are plugged in :P

    You need to install the drivers for it to work. Get this prog called
    Everest http://www.lavalys.com/ so you can identify what soundcard you
    have then get the correct drivers for it and install those.

    Hi

    If you have already installed the latest drivers for the sound card - try
    the following link to Kelly's web site:

    "Where did my Sounds go?"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    Robb Reis Wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I seem to be having a problem with my audio. I re-installed windows XP
    > because my computer was not working proberly. Now my audio doesn't
    > work. I
    > checked add hardware, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on a
    > hardware but it only takes my to trouble shooting, and nothing has
    > worked. Is
    > there another way I can get my audio devices working?
    >
    > Any help would be great!
    >
    > P.S. my speakers are plugged in :P

    Do you have any specific sound card installed in your system? If so,
    try and reinstall the lastest drivers for it. Also, I know this is
    obvious, but make sure the audio if plugged into the outlet source for
    power. :cool:

    --
    Evolution54

Hardware Audio Microsoft Windows XP