Hello.

I seem to be having a problem with my audio. I re-installed windows XP
because my computer was not working proberly. Now my audio doesn't work. I
checked add hardware, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on a
hardware but it only takes my to trouble shooting, and nothing has worked. Is
there another way I can get my audio devices working?

Any help would be great!

P.S. my speakers are plugged in :p

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:25:04 -0700, Robb Reis
<RobbReis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I seem to be having a problem with my audio. I re-installed windows XP
>because my computer was not working proberly. Now my audio doesn't work. I
>checked add hardware, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on a
>hardware but it only takes my to trouble shooting, and nothing has worked. Is
>there another way I can get my audio devices working?
>
>Any help would be great!
>
>P.S. my speakers are plugged in :p

You need to install the drivers for it to work. Get this prog called
Everest http://www.lavalys.com/ so you can identify what soundcard you
have then get the correct drivers for it and install those.

Hi

If you have already installed the latest drivers for the sound card - try
the following link to Kelly's web site:

"Where did my Sounds go?"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

Robb Reis Wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I seem to be having a problem with my audio. I re-installed windows XP
> because my computer was not working proberly. Now my audio doesn't
> work. I
> checked add hardware, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on a
> hardware but it only takes my to trouble shooting, and nothing has
> worked. Is
> there another way I can get my audio devices working?
>
> Any help would be great!
>
> P.S. my speakers are plugged in :p

Do you have any specific sound card installed in your system? If so,
try and reinstall the lastest drivers for it. Also, I know this is
obvious, but make sure the audio if plugged into the outlet source for
power. :cool:

--
Evolution54