new DVD re-writer/CD re-writer

August 12, 2005 3:32:05 PM

I want to replace DVD/CD RW in my Advent 3207. I appreciate any advice as to
which one I should buy that would be compatible with my PC. Don'y want to
buy wrong sort

Many thanks

Dennis Jubb

More about : dvd writer writer

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 5:41:49 PM

dennisjubb wrote:
> I want to replace DVD/CD RW in my Advent 3207. I appreciate any
> advice as to which one I should buy that would be compatible with my
> PC. Don'y want to buy wrong sort

Look in your manual - but more than likely - any IDE/EIDE CD/DVD drive will
work perfectly fine.

Shop around, though.. You might find a great deal on one.

--
For Pricing/Opinions/Reviews on various products:
- http://www.pricewatch.com/

Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
August 12, 2005 6:55:47 PM

Most magazine "seem" to always recommend Plexor CD / DVD re-writer. They
offer several models and some are available with IDE/EIDE/ATA interfaces or
SATA/Serial IDE.