Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Kingston
  • SSD
Last response: in Windows 7
March 30, 2010 2:47:51 PM

Hello,

When I try to install Windows 7 from a USB stick on an Asus EeePC 1201HAB with a Kingston SSDNow V series 120GB the process freezes when I try to format the primary partition on the ssd on which i want to install Windwos 7.

I could use some help here...

Thanx!!

More about : problems formatting partitioning kingston ssd windows install

March 31, 2010 1:33:12 AM

I would first install from the dvd media. If that works then it's not your SSD. If it still has the same issues then comment back. Could be a defective drive and you might need to RMA it.
m
l
March 31, 2010 8:03:35 AM

Why do you want to partition an already small (120 gb) drive? Install win7 on unformated drive. Win 7 will take care of all... In fact it will create a small system partition (~90-100 mb) by itself and copy uninstall data there.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 31, 2010 3:33:38 PM

+1 with Kursun
m
l
March 31, 2010 5:13:12 PM

Thanx for the reply,

I am indeed installing on an unformated drive and Windows 7 creates the 2 partitions, the small one (100mb) and a big one 119GB as you mentioned, the problem is that when Windows starts to copy files or formats the partition on which it want to install itself the install proces freezes everytime.

I tried the ssd in another laptop which has a dvd player, and there it works fine. But the Asus eeepc 1201hab doesn't have a DVD player... So now i am going to try another USB stick or find an external DVD player. I'll be back!

m
l
March 31, 2010 7:06:07 PM

Well that didn't work...

even installing from an external dvd player results in the same problem, when windows starts to copy files during installation, the proces freezes...
The ssd is working, I checked that in another system and it doesn't matter if I use an USB stick or a dvd to install Windows 7. Could it be a problem with the combination of a Kingston SSDNow V series in the Asus eeePC 1201HAB??

I don't know what to try right now....
m
l
!