Installing and Uninstalling applications hangs

WHen installing and Uninstalling applications the installer just hangs at
"Gathering required information for 45 minutes to an hour. I have reinstalled
the Windows Installer and nothing has improved.

Any idea how to fix this? (besides a reinstall or a full repair)

Thanks,

Christian
2 answers Last reply
More about installing uninstalling applications hangs

    Have you trieed in "Safe Mode"??

    "ChristianD" <ChristianD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > WHen installing and Uninstalling applications the installer just hangs at
    > "Gathering required information for 45 minutes to an hour. I have
    > reinstalled
    > the Windows Installer and nothing has improved.
    >
    > Any idea how to fix this? (besides a reinstall or a full repair)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Christian

    Not yet. What if I can or can't? I obviously can't keep going into safe mode
    to install or uninstall anything. Is there something i should do when I know
    if i can or can't install in safe mode?

    Thanks.

    Christian

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Have you trieed in "Safe Mode"??
    >

    > "ChristianD" <ChristianD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > WHen installing and Uninstalling applications the installer just hangs at
    > > "Gathering required information for 45 minutes to an hour. I have
    > > reinstalled
    > > the Windows Installer and nothing has improved.
    > >
    > > Any idea how to fix this? (besides a reinstall or a full repair)
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Christian

Windows Installer Microsoft Windows XP