Installing and Uninstalling applications hangs

August 12, 2005 3:44:35 PM

WHen installing and Uninstalling applications the installer just hangs at
"Gathering required information for 45 minutes to an hour. I have reinstalled
the Windows Installer and nothing has improved.

Any idea how to fix this? (besides a reinstall or a full repair)

Thanks,

Christian
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 6:50:55 PM

Have you trieed in "Safe Mode"??

"ChristianD" <ChristianD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WHen installing and Uninstalling applications the installer just hangs at
> "Gathering required information for 45 minutes to an hour. I have
> reinstalled
> the Windows Installer and nothing has improved.
>
> Any idea how to fix this? (besides a reinstall or a full repair)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christian
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 6:50:56 PM

Not yet. What if I can or can't? I obviously can't keep going into safe mode
to install or uninstall anything. Is there something i should do when I know
if i can or can't install in safe mode?

Thanks.

Christian