Need help installing Winxp pro on Dim 8300 with an SATA driv

Hi to all, I am trying to reinstall the o/s on a Dim. 8300. I did use
the resourse disk and copied the files to a floppy. After booting
from the XP CD I did the F6 and when it asked I pressed the "S" key
and it seemed to start intalling the drivers. After that, I booted
off the XP CD again and after going through it's inspection, it still
did not see the drive. Any ideas? :?

When it reboots after F6 etc, do not boot from the CD. Let it boot from the
hard drive and continue to install XP. If you press any key the second time
to boot from the CD again, it will start the installation all over again.

"amargarit" <margarit@astechmfg-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi to all, I am trying to reinstall the o/s on a Dim. 8300. I did use
> the resourse disk and copied the files to a floppy. After booting
> from the XP CD I did the F6 and when it asked I pressed the "S" key
> and it seemed to start intalling the drivers. After that, I booted
> off the XP CD again and after going through it's inspection, it still
> did not see the drive. Any ideas? :?

I guess you all got stumped on this question on this forum 8)

amargarit wrote:

> I guess you all got stumped on this question on this forum 8)

At some point during the installation, you should've been
asked for SATA drivers, either on a CD or a floppy.

Stumped? No. Just not sitting at home, all day, waiting
to answer questions.

Notan

:D Thanks WSZsr, that seemed to do it. I knew someone would take the
challange. It worked!!! :lol: