Oct 22, 2012
Hello,

I have recently assembled a new PC with the following configuration

Motherboard - Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU- AMD FX4100
RAM- Transcend DDR3 4GB x 2
Graphics card - Saphirre AMD RAdeon 5450 HD
HDD- 1 TB Seagate Barracuda Sata drive

After installation, i checked in the bios and found that HDD and the internal DVD drive was not detected. Once I changed the port settings to IDE I was able to see them in the bios.

However, once I tried install windows7, I keep getting the error "a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing". This error has been discussed on this forum and others" however, none of the solutions worked. I have already tried the following

1. Used the Microsoft DVD/USB maker
2. Tried using and USB rather than a DVD
3. Tried switching the USB ports as suggested by one person on the net
4. I tried dowloading the AMD AHCI drivers on a USB and plug it in when the error comes and windows asks for the drivers. However, it is unable to locate it. In fact if I try to browse and select the drivers, the USB does not show up on the options. If I try the same thing with a dVD, then it says that windows cannot open the CD

So after 4 days of effort, net search etc. I am still without an OS. Can someone please help and also let me know if there is any compatibility issue?

Thanks

syd8uf

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012

I DID create the USB from an ISO using microsoft tool. But USB is giving the same error. When I downloaded the AMD AHCI driver on another USB and plugged it in when the setup showed the error and asked for drivers, the USB was not being recognised. Could use some help if bios settings have to be changed for the USB to show.

Thanks