error message: list index out of bounds (5)

this message just recently starting popping on my screen, and I need to know
how to fix it. Please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about error message list index bounds

    Danielle wrote:

    > this message just recently starting popping on my screen, and I need to know
    > how to fix it. Please help.

    See if anything here can help you:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=list+index+out+of+bounds+%285%29&btnG=Search
    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=list%20index%20out%20of%20bounds%20(5)&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    The pages deal with programming, and I am not running a "program".. i do not
    know which program is the cause of this error. I usually leave the comp, and
    the message pops up...

    Danielle wrote:

    > The pages deal with programming, and I am not running a "program".. i
    > do not know which program is the cause of this error. I usually leave
    > the comp, and the message pops up...
    >
    > "Rock" wrote:
    >
    >> Danielle wrote:
    >>
    >> > this message just recently starting popping on my screen, and I
    >> > need to know how to fix it. Please help.
    >>
    >> See if anything here can help you:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=list+index+out+of+bounds+%285%29&btnG=Search

    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=list%20index%20out%20of%20bounds%2
    (5)&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

    Yes, you are running a program and many processes and one of those
    programs and/or processes is crashing. There is no way that anyone
    reading your post on a newsgroup can give you focused troubleshooting
    from the information you provided. Here are some things for you to try:

    1. Make sure the computer is completely virus and malware-free.

    2. Do clean-boot troubleshooting.
    Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
    and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    3. Or if the above troubleshooting seems daunting, take the machine to a
    professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent of
    BigStoreUSA). There is no shame in doing this; I don't hesitate to take
    my car to the mechanic when something is wrong with it.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com