Hewlett Packard Class Action Suits

jarna1976

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hi I have had nothing but dramas with my Hp Pavilion DV6. Approximately a year ago I emailed HP customer support with a complaint regarding the fan on my computer. It constantly stays on and overheats to the extent it has burnt my leg (I could only use it from then on with a computer tray under it). I have had it repaired three times due to the overheating causing damage to other components. HP fixed a portion of it under warranty last year. I have emailed them as I said approximately a year ago and only received a response saying thanks for contacting them and they will be in touch soon here is my CN. I contacted them again and was told they would get back to me. A year on I have been on the phone to them again and they want me to provide them a copy of the email they sent me, now I would love to do that but the computer is totally broken and will no longer even turn on. I explained this to three HP customer support people and they advised they need that letter, it is remarkable that they do not understand that if I cannot turn my computer on I cannot give them a copy of my letter. I am not prepared to pay another $200 to a tech just to retrieve the letter. I had a call from the complaints section this afternoon and the idiot on the other end of the phone told me they need the letter and that they can see they have had to fix the computer in 2010 and 2011 that does not include the times I have had to pay myself to have it repaired. The lady was rude and did not care at all. I have an exam in two weeks at uni and all of my notes are on the broken laptop. DOes anyone know If there is a class action still going that I could join. I am at my wits end with HP.

someam

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hi Jarna1976,

I apologize for the experience you have had with HP regarding you Dv6. I work for HP and would like to review your cases. Please email me your contact and product information to psgsocialmedia@hp.com. Please include in the subject line Attn: Veronica-Tom.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hey Jarna1976, I've had similar problems with HP. My solution to the problem is simple- Do not buy from HP again.

Let me shed a little light on my experiences..
Bought a 650 dollars HP DV7 in 2009. (Died 2 years later.. but I consider that more of a blessing than a curse).
The laptop overheated...
The screen gave out every 30 minutes, on many days. (GPU froze, had to do a hard reboot).
Been in contact with at least 6-7 HP Support Agents.. Who, no offense to the above, but knew absolutely nothing about what was going on. The majority wanted me to do this go through this process of turning off the laptop, unplugging everying.. pressing powerbutton for 10 seconds and rebooting etc.. etc.. Never worked.
Another guy wanted me to buy a new sceen, (which was not the problem). And then only to find out that a screen replacement would cost me 450 Dollars for the screen alone. It was still in warranty!
This makes absolutely no sense... 650 dollars for the entire laptop.. and 450 for the screen... that leaves 200 dollars for all the other components lol.

And then another guy, who was correct.. but the solution would be a horrible mistake- to swap out the motherboard.. and invest an extra 560 dollars.

From what I've learned, HP is more concerned about making money than providing a working product the consumer- as is, a lot of manufacturers. It just so happens that HP is the best example of it.

I've researched the issues I've had with the laptop. What ticks me off is the fact, that there are many, many more people who have the exact same problems as me. And most of all- That HP keeps releasing laptops which still have those problems!

What's up HP? Why do I find garbage parts inside your laptops?

jarna1976

Honorable
May 8, 2012

Thank you for your response; My contact information is jarna@alexnelson.com.au if you email me there I can provide further contact information. My product is a HP pavilion dv6 -2012AX s/n: CNF9389W5Q p/n: vv754PA#ABG.

I still cannot access the original letter as it is on my broken laptop but I do have the current CN Case ID number 4674235068. The rude lady that I dealt with that said she couldnt hep me despite me raising concerns during the warranty period is Natalie Gutierrez, she advised as I did not have a copy of original letter she couldnt help me despite her seeing that I had raised a complaint during warranty.

Kind Regards
Jarna