How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?

Thanks,

Supposedly you find it online and copy it to the directory it is missing
from, and if need be register it.

DLLs are registered through the REGSVR32 command. Try entering it at the run
prompt (start / run) for an explanatory screen.

"Sheila Mac" wrote:

> How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?
>
> Thanks,

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Sheila Mac wrote:

> How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?
>
> Thanks,

Why do you think you need this file? Assuming you spelled it correctly
a google search gives no hits which is suspicious and suggests malware.

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Sheila Mac wrote:
>
>> How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Why do you think you need this file? Assuming you spelled it correctly a
> google search gives no hits which is suspicious and suggests malware.
>
> THE PARASITE FIGHT
> Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>
> Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
> http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

try doing a repair of MSOffice or MSWorks, if you have either installed.
there's a file called LTKRN13N.DLL in 'c:\program files\microsoft works'
(not a LTKRN13B, though)
bob

"Bob Lawn" wrote:

> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Sheila Mac wrote:
> >
> >> How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >
> > Why do you think you need this file? Assuming you spelled it correctly a
> > google search gives no hits which is suspicious and suggests malware.
> >
> > THE PARASITE FIGHT
> > Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
> > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> >
> > Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
> > http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
> >
> > --
> > Rock
> > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
> >
> try doing a repair of MSOffice or MSWorks, if you have either installed.
> there's a file called LTKRN13N.DLL in 'c:\program files\microsoft works'
> (not a LTKRN13B, though)
> bob
>
> Sheila Mac
You are right. The last character should be an 'N', not a 'B'. I tried
removing MS Works and reinstalling, but that did not fix the problem. How do
I repair?

Sheila

"Sheila Mac" <SheilaMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You are right. The last character should be an 'N', not a 'B'. I tried
> removing MS Works and reinstalling, but that did not fix the problem. How
> do
> I repair?
>
> Sheila

not sure about Works, but with Office it's under the Help menu (assuming you
can get that far).
also, if you re-run the setup program and it finds Works already installed,
Repair may be one of the options.
it may also be accessible from Add/Remove programs.
however, if you've already done a complete reinstall, the file did ought to
have returned. Was it a 'Complete' reinstall, or 'Custom'?
(whilst i'm sure it's part of Office/Works, it also gets installed by other
software e.g. software for Canon camera.)

bob