LTKRN13N.DLL MISSING

How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?

Thanks,
5 answers Last reply
More about ltkrn13n missing

    Supposedly you find it online and copy it to the directory it is missing
    from, and if need be register it.

    DLLs are registered through the REGSVR32 command. Try entering it at the run
    prompt (start / run) for an explanatory screen.

    Sheila Mac wrote:

    > How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Why do you think you need this file? Assuming you spelled it correctly
    a google search gives no hits which is suspicious and suggests malware.

    THE PARASITE FIGHT
    Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
    http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Sheila Mac wrote:
    >
    >> How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >
    > Why do you think you need this file? Assuming you spelled it correctly a
    > google search gives no hits which is suspicious and suggests malware.
    >
    > THE PARASITE FIGHT
    > Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    >
    > Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
    > http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    try doing a repair of MSOffice or MSWorks, if you have either installed.
    there's a file called LTKRN13N.DLL in 'c:\program files\microsoft works'
    (not a LTKRN13B, though)
    bob

    "Bob Lawn" wrote:

    > "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > Sheila Mac wrote:
    > >
    > >> How do I restore a file: LTKRN13B.dll?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >
    > > Why do you think you need this file? Assuming you spelled it correctly a
    > > google search gives no hits which is suspicious and suggests malware.
    > >
    > > THE PARASITE FIGHT
    > > Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    > > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    > >
    > > Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
    > > http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rock
    > > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
    > >
    > try doing a repair of MSOffice or MSWorks, if you have either installed.
    > there's a file called LTKRN13N.DLL in 'c:\program files\microsoft works'
    > (not a LTKRN13B, though)
    > bob
    >
    > Sheila Mac
    You are right. The last character should be an 'N', not a 'B'. I tried
    removing MS Works and reinstalling, but that did not fix the problem. How do
    I repair?

    Sheila

    "Sheila Mac" <SheilaMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You are right. The last character should be an 'N', not a 'B'. I tried
    > removing MS Works and reinstalling, but that did not fix the problem. How
    > do
    > I repair?
    >
    > Sheila

    not sure about Works, but with Office it's under the Help menu (assuming you
    can get that far).
    also, if you re-run the setup program and it finds Works already installed,
    Repair may be one of the options.
    it may also be accessible from Add/Remove programs.
    however, if you've already done a complete reinstall, the file did ought to
    have returned. Was it a 'Complete' reinstall, or 'Custom'?
    (whilst i'm sure it's part of Office/Works, it also gets installed by other
    software e.g. software for Canon camera.)

    bob

Microsoft DLL Windows XP