connection loss MN700

I have been intermittenly loosing connection with the
MN700... It happens about once a day sometimes more.. I
have the newest firmware (.590) But I had this problem
before the update.. but now it seems more frequent. The
only way to fix the problem is to reset either the modem
or the base station... I have an ADSL connection... could
this be a problem with the modem or is the problem in the
base station?? btw once I loose connection.. I go to the
base station management.. and try to reconnect from
there... but it doesn't work... anyone have any
suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about connection loss mn700

    You too, hey?

    I've been following the newsgroup, specifically to see if
    others have a similar problem as you describe on DSL using
    PPPoE. Many do, including myself; at least I used to ...

    Among the follow ups, I've seen various people advising to
    check the log for a "PADT," indicating that the PPPoE
    server has sent a notification to the router to terminate
    the connection. In some cases, people respond that they
    do indeed see a PADT in the log *just* before connection
    is lost, but not always. What most people don't seem to
    see is that you can see *MANY* PADTs in the log, but for
    most of them, the basestation automatically recovers. It
    will go through the whole authentication process again -
    at least mine does. So, seeing PADTs in the log is normal
    (?) - however, seeing one without the corresponding re-
    authentication process is not (normal). Thus, those of us
    affected, go through the hardware reset process, as it is
    the only process that works.

    As I said, I *used* to have this problem until recently,
    when I connected a Voice Over IP (VoIP) IAD [it's a device
    that allows your regular phone to work on a VoIP
    connection over DSL] to the LAN. Since then, it [PPPoE
    connection] has *never* gone down without coming back up
    automatically. Only after thinking this through did an
    explanation (theory?) occur to me ... prior to connecting
    the IAD, there was *NOTHING* on the LAN, except when I
    occasionally (2-3 times/week) connected my laptop. I
    found that the PPPoE connection dropped only at a time
    when I was not connected with the laptop.

    So, the question to you and other folks experiencing this
    same frustration is: when you lose your PPPoE connection,
    is there anything else on the LAN?

    My question is: is my theory sound or am I just whistling
    dixie?

    Thanks and sorry for the long read ...

Routers Connection Microsoft Networking