email on WindowsXP logon screen?

Is there a way to change the email address used by WindowsXP login screen
which shows the xxx unread mail messages?

Thanks,

Don Metzler
Barefoot Productions, Inc.
Network and Desktop Software Solutions
http://www.barefootinc.com
6 answers Last reply
More about email windowsxp logon screen

    Don Metzler wrote:

    > Is there a way to change the email address used by WindowsXP login screen
    > which shows the xxx unread mail messages?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Don Metzler
    > Barefoot Productions, Inc.
    > Network and Desktop Software Solutions
    > http://www.barefootinc.com

    Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304148

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Thank you - exactly what I needed!

    Don

    Don Metzler wrote:

    > Thank you - exactly what I needed!
    >
    > Don

    You're welcome Don.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Compliments of Kelly:

    Use TweakUI/Logon/Unread Mail and Repair/Unread Mail Count

    Disable Unread Mail on the Welcome Screen (Line 100)

    To remove an account or to change the count manually:

    Start>Run>Regedit>navigate to this key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Your
    E-Mail Address]. In the right pane modify: Message Count, Change it to 0.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail. In
    the right pane modify: MessageExpiryDays Change it to 0.

    Overview of Mail Notification Display on WinXP Welcome Screen
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q304/1/48.asp
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Don Metzler wrote:
    > Is there a way to change the email address used by WindowsXP login screen
    > which shows the xxx unread mail messages?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Don Metzler
    > Barefoot Productions, Inc.
    > Network and Desktop Software Solutions
    > http://www.barefootinc.com

    Thank you for the information.

    Don

    YW, Don.

    Don Metzler wrote:
    > Thank you for the information.
    >
    > Don

Microsoft Login Desktops Email Software Windows XP