AC Adaptor Help

I can't find my computer's list of accesories, and I don't know the use for a
particular one. The part no. is 21D0315. It is an AC Adapter, LPS, ITE power
supply. I don't know where it plugs in, so I don't know how it may be used. I
have an Inspiron 2200 system; any assistance is very much appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about adaptor help

    http://www.workshopmanuals.co.uk/workshop_manuals/computers/dell_computer_manuals.htm

    Rachel wrote:
    > I can't find my computer's list of accesories, and I don't
    > know the use for a particular one. The part no. is 21D0315.
    > It is an AC Adapter, LPS, ITE power supply. I don't know
    > where it plugs in, so I don't know how it may be used. I
    > have an Inspiron 2200 system; any assistance is very much
    > appreciated.

    On the bottom of your laptop you should find a sticker with a
    UPC code and a 7 character Service Tag. It will look something
    like 9ZZZZ999. A number followed by 4 letters followed by 3
    more numbers.

    Go to this web site and enter the Service tag in the
    appropriate line and click on the blue arrow:
    http://support.dell.com/support/troubleshooting.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

    In the right hand side of the page, look for a line which says
    "Original System Configuration". That should take you to a page
    which will list most of the components that shipped with your
    laptop.

    If you want to consult the manual for you Dell, take a look
    here:
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins6000/en/om/D51814LRs.pdf

    My best guess is that if you're already using an AC adapter
    plugged into a wall outlet, this adapter is for another
    hardware item. ITE and LPS are generic terms used with power
    adapters.

    Good luck

    Nepatsfan

Microsoft Windows XP