can someone tell me the proper way to run a dos program with xp?--any dos
games i've tried to run never work--when programs say "from the prompt, type
--" how do you get to the prompt? (reletively new pc'er)

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

okeefe58 wrote:

> can someone tell me the proper way to run a dos program with xp?--any dos
> games i've tried to run never work--when programs say "from the prompt, type
> --" how do you get to the prompt? (reletively new pc'er)

Start | Run | Cmd, then ok takes you to a command prompt. Also see
compatibililty mode in Help and Support. Note that some games will not
work in XP.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User