JS

Everytime I exit OE I get this error on my screen:
_______
msmsgs.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00e1b2c6" referenced memory at "0x10004234". The
memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate the program
______

Then I have to click OK twice to get this to go.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

From OE, click tools/options and on the General tab uncheck the option to
'automatically log on to windows messenger'. Then close and reopen OE.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I exit OE I get this error on my screen:
> _______
> msmsgs.exe - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x00e1b2c6" referenced memory at "0x10004234". The
> memory could not be "read".
> Click OK to terminate the program
> ______
>
> Then I have to click OK twice to get this to go.
>
> What can I do to fix this?
>
> Thanks

See the Messenger-related part of
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/performance.htm#slowstart

Do you use Windows Messenger (not MSN Messenger)? Disable or remove it:

http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_messenger.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

JS wrote:
> Everytime I exit OE I get this error on my screen:
> _______
> msmsgs.exe - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x00e1b2c6" referenced memory at "0x10004234". The
> memory could not be "read".
> Click OK to terminate the program
> ______
>
> Then I have to click OK twice to get this to go.
>
> What can I do to fix this?
>
> Thanks

It is unchecked.

> From OE, click tools/options and on the General tab uncheck the option to
> 'automatically log on to windows messenger'. Then close and reopen OE.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

Hi Jay,

Are you accessing a hotmail account through OE?

--

"Jay Stevens" <Jason@morenless.com> wrote in message

> It is unchecked.
>

>> From OE, click tools/options and on the General tab uncheck the option to
>> 'automatically log on to windows messenger'. Then close and reopen OE.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

No it's SBC.

> Hi Jay,
>
> Are you accessing a hotmail account through OE?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

Hi,

Ok, different tact then, make sure MSMessenger is disabled when the system
is booted. If you do not use it, uninstall it via the Control Panel/Add &
Remove/Windows Components.