Corel Photo House upgrade to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppo

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I have been using CorelPrint House\Photo House Ver.5.0, which is great for editing photos and any kind of picture under Windows XP. It does not work with Windows7.
Does anybody know of an upgrade?

There is something like it from Corel at a reasonable price $ 39.99, called Paint Shop Photo Express 2010; tried the free evaluation, but it has a limited set of tools for editing, far less than Corel Photo House or Corel Photo-Paint. As an example, the clone tool is very ackward to use.

Thanks

capriiow

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012

Did you get it working as I have the same problem
I use print house for poster ect and no only find it the best program for what I need but as I have used it for years I know it inside out so would like it to work on window 7

I have got it loaded working in windows 95 mode on windows 7 and can view files print and change things but as soon as I hit the save button the program crashes (Steve capri@onwight.net)

mayonline

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I have not managed to get it to work on windows 7 either so have it working on Windows XP instead & would like to know if it works on anything else as I don't want to do without it when XP becomes "out of date". Meanwhile I have found "back door" to various times it tends to crash:
(1) when I'm trying to save it, I find if I use the left hand panel to go back to before I started to use the many options to work on it, until I can see the "Save" option on it, I then use the top bar and click "File" & "Save as" with success.
(2) When it sometimes crashes when I am in the middle of working on something, I make a point of saving it with a name in the early stages and then saving it often while I'm working on it so I don't lose too much. I hope this helps you as it has helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.