XP Bluetooth Support, is there any ??

Hello.

I have a Belkin Bluetooth dongle which, up to recently, worked. Or should i
say, the software worked. Recently the software was bringing up lots of
errors, e.g. "Unable to connect to BTStackServer.exe", "BTTray
ERROR:Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service" then :-
"Runtime Error !
Program: J:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call"

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Belkin have no idea what is going on here
and advised me that it was a "Windows XP dll issue", which is pretty useless
to me as i haven't a clue what it means.
So, in a nutshell, is there any other way i can use this Bluetooth dongle on
my PC to get pictures from my Bluetooth phone (Samsung D500) without putting
the Belkin software on the PC ??. Can WinXP do this without any other
software ?. If not, then is there any other software i can use the Bluetooth
dongle with ??

Cheers
Andrew
5 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth support

    "Andy100" <andy100@aog.com> wrote:

    |>Hello.
    |>
    |>I have a Belkin Bluetooth dongle which, up to recently, worked. Or should i
    |>say, the software worked. Recently the software was bringing up lots of
    |>errors, e.g. "Unable to connect to BTStackServer.exe", "BTTray
    |>ERROR:Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service" then :-
    |>"Runtime Error !
    |>Program: J:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
    |>R6025
    |>- pure virtual function call"

    The software you have to install for the Belkin BT is awful, it runs 5
    or 6 programs on start up, and nothing but problems - I used it to
    connect my phone - deleted all the software and now use a card reader.

    Anyhow, (from memory) there is a program called BTTray.exe or
    something similar (it controls the icon that sits in the system tray)
    create a short-cut on your desktop to it. When you get an error open
    your task manager and End the BTTray.exe process, Then double click on
    the short-cut to start it again.

    It work'd for me.

    |>Anyway, to cut a long story short, Belkin have no idea what is going on here
    |>and advised me that it was a "Windows XP dll issue", which is pretty useless
    |>to me as i haven't a clue what it means.
    |>So, in a nutshell, is there any other way i can use this Bluetooth dongle on
    |>my PC to get pictures from my Bluetooth phone (Samsung D500) without putting
    |>the Belkin software on the PC ??. Can WinXP do this without any other
    |>software ?. If not, then is there any other software i can use the Bluetooth
    |>dongle with ??

    Card reader - I can take my memory out of my phone -
    --

    Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue

    Oh sorry !, forgot to mention that i only have WinXP SP1 (due to hardware
    issues with SP2).

    Thanks for advice
    Andrew

    "Andy100" <andy100@aog.com> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I have a Belkin Bluetooth dongle which, up to recently, worked. Or should
    > say, the software worked. Recently the software was bringing up lots of
    > errors, e.g. "Unable to connect to BTStackServer.exe", "BTTray
    > ERROR:Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service" then :-
    > "Runtime Error !
    > Program: J:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
    > R6025
    > - pure virtual function call"
    >
    > Anyway, to cut a long story short, Belkin have no idea what is going on
    here
    > and advised me that it was a "Windows XP dll issue", which is pretty
    useless
    > to me as i haven't a clue what it means.
    > So, in a nutshell, is there any other way i can use this Bluetooth dongle
    on
    > my PC to get pictures from my Bluetooth phone (Samsung D500) without
    putting
    > the Belkin software on the PC ??. Can WinXP do this without any other
    > software ?. If not, then is there any other software i can use the
    Bluetooth
    > dongle with ??
    >
    > Cheers
    > Andrew

    Problem is my phone (Samsung D500) doesn't take cards, so i cannot do that
    !. i have to use the bluetooth option !!

    If i was to buy a different brand Bluetooth dongle, might that work ok ?.
    i.e. is this a WinXP issue or the Belkin software issue ?

    Cheers
    Andy

    <Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message
    > "Andy100" <andy100@aog.com> wrote:
    >
    > |>Hello.
    > |>
    > |>I have a Belkin Bluetooth dongle which, up to recently, worked. Or
    should i
    > |>say, the software worked. Recently the software was bringing up lots of
    > |>errors, e.g. "Unable to connect to BTStackServer.exe", "BTTray
    > |>ERROR:Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service" then :-
    > |>"Runtime Error !
    > |>Program: J:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
    > |>R6025
    > |>- pure virtual function call"
    >
    > The software you have to install for the Belkin BT is awful, it runs 5
    > or 6 programs on start up, and nothing but problems - I used it to
    > connect my phone - deleted all the software and now use a card reader.
    >
    > Anyhow, (from memory) there is a program called BTTray.exe or
    > something similar (it controls the icon that sits in the system tray)
    > create a short-cut on your desktop to it. When you get an error open
    > your task manager and End the BTTray.exe process, Then double click on
    > the short-cut to start it again.
    >
    > It work'd for me.
    >
    > |>Anyway, to cut a long story short, Belkin have no idea what is going on
    here
    > |>and advised me that it was a "Windows XP dll issue", which is pretty
    useless
    > |>to me as i haven't a clue what it means.
    > |>So, in a nutshell, is there any other way i can use this Bluetooth
    dongle on
    > |>my PC to get pictures from my Bluetooth phone (Samsung D500) without
    putting
    > |>the Belkin software on the PC ??. Can WinXP do this without any other
    > |>software ?. If not, then is there any other software i can use the
    Bluetooth
    > |>dongle with ??
    >
    > Card reader - I can take my memory out of my phone -
    > --
    >
    > Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue

    "Andy100" <andy100@aog.com> wrote:

    |>Problem is my phone (Samsung D500) doesn't take cards, so i cannot do that
    |>!. i have to use the bluetooth option !!

    There is a USB option http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5391.htm
    but you have a cable in the way. I've heard of problems with this on
    some phones; if you use your phone as a modem, you can't recharge it
    while connected.

    |>If i was to buy a different brand Bluetooth dongle, might that work ok ?.
    |>i.e. is this a WinXP issue or the Belkin software issue ?

    Don't know, I never used another BT dongle. You could google bluetooth
    and your phone to see what others have done (I have a Nokia)

    As for software issues you have three, XP, BT drivers, Samsung
    program. You don't need to install all of the Belkin options, just the
    basics - but it did seem the BTTray file was causing all the problems
    and it has to be installed.

    I dual booted 98/XP-SP1 and had problems with both systems with my BT.

    SP2 adds bluetooth support, trouble shooting:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883258
    But it's a Belkin program causing the problem.

    Good luck.

    |><Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message

    |>should i
    |>>
    |>> The software you have to install for the Belkin BT is awful, it runs 5
    |>> or 6 programs on start up, and nothing but problems - I used it to
    |>> connect my phone - deleted all the software and now use a card reader.
    |>>
    |>> Anyhow, (from memory) there is a program called BTTray.exe or
    |>> something similar (it controls the icon that sits in the system tray)
    |>> create a short-cut on your desktop to it. When you get an error open
    |>> your task manager and End the BTTray.exe process, Then double click on
    |>> the short-cut to start it again.
    |>>
    |>> It work'd for me.

    |>here
    |>useless
    |>dongle on
    |>putting
    |>Bluetooth
    |>>
    |>> Card reader - I can take my memory out of my phone -
    |>> --
    |>>
    |>> Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue

    --

    Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue

    Cheers Pennywise for all the advice, much appreciated !

    Kind Regards
    Andrew

    > "Andy100" <andy100@aog.com> wrote:
    >
    > |>Problem is my phone (Samsung D500) doesn't take cards, so i cannot do
    that
    > |>!. i have to use the bluetooth option !!
    >
    > There is a USB option http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5391.htm
    > but you have a cable in the way. I've heard of problems with this on
    > some phones; if you use your phone as a modem, you can't recharge it
    > while connected.
    >
    > |>If i was to buy a different brand Bluetooth dongle, might that work ok
    ?.
    > |>i.e. is this a WinXP issue or the Belkin software issue ?
    >
    > Don't know, I never used another BT dongle. You could google bluetooth
    > and your phone to see what others have done (I have a Nokia)
    >
    > As for software issues you have three, XP, BT drivers, Samsung
    > program. You don't need to install all of the Belkin options, just the
    > basics - but it did seem the BTTray file was causing all the problems
    > and it has to be installed.
    >
    > I dual booted 98/XP-SP1 and had problems with both systems with my BT.
    >
    > SP2 adds bluetooth support, trouble shooting:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883258
    > But it's a Belkin program causing the problem.
    >
    > Good luck.
    > |>
    > |><Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message

    > |>should i

    > |>here