Character limit to Shortcut Target?

August 12, 2005 8:29:03 PM

Hi,

There seems to be a limit to the number of characters that can be typed in
the "Target" for a shortcut in Windows XP. I was able to not type after 259
characters.

Is this a fixed limit, or can it be changed/increased?

I have a shortcut that has 3 files in the target (MS Access, Database
application and the Workgroup file), and some of these are on the server,
with long folder paths.

I could place the files further up the tree shortening the pathname, but was
wondering if there is a way to increase the limit.

Thanks.

-amit
Anonymous
July 3, 2009 3:37:42 AM

My apologies for bumping such an old thread, but it remains unanswered and it's an answer I'm seeking.
August 4, 2009 8:06:00 AM

I, too, would like an increased capacity

using a batch file to launch Iron Chromium with a ton of switches is other than ideal
!