Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Volume Control

Tags:
  • IBM ThinkPad
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 12, 2005 11:36:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume control
levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine until
yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for me. Since
I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low. I've checked
volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says they didn't do
anything to the volume. Any ideas?

More about : volume control

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 11:47:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

Laptops often have a volume control that uses the function (Fn) key and some
other key on the board. It may have been turned down inadvertantly, check
the user manual or help files for the proper key combination to turn the
volume up or down.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Andrea" <andreawknospam@nospamcox.net> wrote in message
news:RnaLe.337$Ji.280@lakeread02...
> I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume control
> levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine until
> yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for me.
> Since I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low. I've
> checked volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says they
> didn't do anything to the volume. Any ideas?
>
August 13, 2005 12:04:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Actually this computer has volume buttons on the keyboard, but I'd forgotten
about them. That solved the problem. Thanks so much.

Andrea

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o Skorg5nFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Laptops often have a volume control that uses the function (Fn) key and
> some other key on the board. It may have been turned down inadvertantly,
> check the user manual or help files for the proper key combination to turn
> the volume up or down.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Andrea" <andreawknospam@nospamcox.net> wrote in message
> news:RnaLe.337$Ji.280@lakeread02...
>> I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume
>> control levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine
>> until yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for
>> me. Since I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low.
>> I've checked volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says
>> they didn't do anything to the volume. Any ideas?
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 12:32:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You're most welcome Andrea.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Andrea" <andreawknospam@nospamcox.net> wrote in message
news:bOaLe.339$Ji.185@lakeread02...
> Actually this computer has volume buttons on the keyboard, but I'd
> forgotten about them. That solved the problem. Thanks so much.
>
> Andrea
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o Skorg5nFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Laptops often have a volume control that uses the function (Fn) key and
>> some other key on the board. It may have been turned down inadvertantly,
>> check the user manual or help files for the proper key combination to
>> turn the volume up or down.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Andrea" <andreawknospam@nospamcox.net> wrote in message
>> news:RnaLe.337$Ji.280@lakeread02...
>>> I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume
>>> control levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine
>>> until yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for
>>> me. Since I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low.
>>> I've checked volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says
>>> they didn't do anything to the volume. Any ideas?
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!