Volume Control

I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume control
levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine until
yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for me. Since
I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low. I've checked
volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says they didn't do
anything to the volume. Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about volume control

    Hi,

    Laptops often have a volume control that uses the function (Fn) key and some
    other key on the board. It may have been turned down inadvertantly, check
    the user manual or help files for the proper key combination to turn the
    volume up or down.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Andrea" <andreawknospam@nospamcox.net> wrote in message
    > I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume control
    > levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine until
    > yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for me.
    > Since I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low. I've
    > checked volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says they
    > didn't do anything to the volume. Any ideas?

    Actually this computer has volume buttons on the keyboard, but I'd forgotten
    about them. That solved the problem. Thanks so much.

    Andrea

    > Hi,
    >
    > Laptops often have a volume control that uses the function (Fn) key and
    > some other key on the board. It may have been turned down inadvertantly,
    > check the user manual or help files for the proper key combination to turn
    > the volume up or down.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Andrea" <andreawknospam@nospamcox.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume
    >> control levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine
    >> until yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for
    >> me. Since I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low.
    >> I've checked volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says
    >> they didn't do anything to the volume. Any ideas?

    You're most welcome Andrea.

    --

    > Actually this computer has volume buttons on the keyboard, but I'd
    > forgotten about them. That solved the problem. Thanks so much.
    >
    > Andrea

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Laptops often have a volume control that uses the function (Fn) key and
    >> some other key on the board. It may have been turned down inadvertantly,
    >> check the user manual or help files for the proper key combination to
    >> turn the volume up or down.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Andrea" <andreawknospam@nospamcox.net> wrote in message
    >>> I'm using an IBM Thinkpad laptop with WinXP SP2. I have the volume
    >>> control levers all slid up to the highest level, and it was working fine
    >>> until yesterday when the IT people at work set up a docking station for
    >>> me. Since I've been home (no docking station), the volume is really low.
    >>> I've checked volume control and the settings haven't changed. IT says
    >>> they didn't do anything to the volume. Any ideas?

IBM ThinkPad Microsoft Windows XP