not a valid Win32 application.

Folks,
I have Windows XP on my machine and I downloaded Oracle 9.0.2 from
Oracle website and when I unzip the files and click on Setup.exe, I get

the message c:\downloads\disk1\setup.exe is not a valid Win32
application.

I did complete virusscan, rebooted the machine, tried to unzip the
files into a different folder and everytime I am getting the same
message.

Can anyone help me in fixing this.

Thanks.

Hi,

Delete it, clear the temp folders, then download it again. Most times this
indicates a corrupt download. Otherwise, you may have a viral problem.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Chandu Wrote:
> Folks,
> I have Windows XP on my machine and I downloaded Oracle 9.0.2 from
> Oracle website and when I unzip the files and click on Setup.exe, I
> get
>
> the message c:\downloads\disk1\setup.exe is not a valid Win32
> application.
>

> I did complete virusscan, rebooted the machine, tried to unzip the
> files into a different folder and everytime I am getting the same
> message.
>

> Can anyone help me in fixing this.
>

> Thanks.

There are two main causes for this error basically:
- There is a problem with the downloaded file and it may be
corrupted...Try downloading it again
- You are attempting to install a 64 bit application on a 32 bit
computer...Therefore, try and download the 32 bit version if possible
for the 32 bit computer.
- The third reason, is if you don't have the necessary application
installed. Sometimes there are files required before actually
installing the program. Check their websites if there are any
requirements. Hope this helps.
:eek:

--
Evolution54