STTNG looking to buy

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

On the playfield, look for seperated clear at the inserts.

It will be whitish and right on top of the insert in various shapes
depending how much of the clear has seperated. It is basically a bubble of
clearcoat generated by heat.

Otto

CARGPB11

"Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Going to look at a STTNG soon what should I look out
> or is everything replaceable..............

Was this a widespread problem on STTNG? What is the best way to fix
it? I have a few inserts that have a small white bubble like this on
my STTNG.

h_h

Check the front edges of all three ramps for breakage. these are almost
always broken.Repros are available but a set will cost you $300.00.
Also check for broken plastics. A full set of those is $180.00. My
first STTNG ate $800.00 in parts to make it perfect. My single most
expensive project to date. Also check for neutral zone hole wear. Stay
away if it more than a Cliffy protector can cover. It is a great game
but expensive to shop.

Mike

Or you can spend much less and just buy protectors to cover the damage.
After all you are going to do that ANYWAY on a brand new set of 300
ramps so I really don't see the point when the damaged area will be
covered.

Same with the hole, it is unlikely it will be so bad a protector won't
fix it.

Plastics also not a big deal, the most likely to be broken are the
slings and those are readily replaceable.

Great game, don't let the "usual stuff" scare you away from it.

pinballmike217 wrote:
> Check the front edges of all three ramps for breakage. these are almost
> always broken.Repros are available but a set will cost you $300.00.
> Also check for broken plastics. A full set of those is $180.00. My
> first STTNG ate $800.00 in parts to make it perfect. My single most
> expensive project to date. Also check for neutral zone hole wear. Stay
> away if it more than a Cliffy protector can cover. It is a great game
> but expensive to shop.
>
> Mike

They are notorious for ball trough problems. They will continuously spit
out balls or serve up two balls at a time if things aren't right. I've also
seen the under playfield "habitrail ramp" broken.

Mark Hooks

"Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Going to look at a STTNG soon what should I look out
> or is everything replaceable..............
>

> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow Bad Cats Diner (TAF sold)
>

> Looking for STTNG next Pin
>
> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>
> Terry C

Even if a left or right cannon loader opto work bad the game will give lots
of balls.

Anyway this are irritating problem but easy to fix by replacing blue
resistors on ball trough will fix 90% of problems. i also had the +12v wire
of emitter leds connector broken in 2 by vibrations making all opto seen as
'closed', 'solder man' fixed it :)

buy it it's a damn good game !

Pascal

"Mark Hooks" <markhooks@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
uh%ve.14016$eM6.11286@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> They are notorious for ball trough problems. They will continuously spit
> out balls or serve up two balls at a time if things aren't right. I've
> also seen the under playfield "habitrail ramp" broken.
>
> Mark Hooks
>
> "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> Hi
>>
>> Going to look at a STTNG soon what should I look out
>> or is everything replaceable..............
>>

>> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow Bad Cats Diner (TAF sold)
>>

>> Looking for STTNG next Pin
>>
>> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
>> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>>
>> Terry C

if you start getting some weird behavior, like the cannons not finding
home, or getting "launch a probe" over and over again, it's probably
time to replace the cannon looms.

pinball resource has them, and shipping should be pretty light for you
being in the UK. ;)

-c

Hi

Thanks for all the replies went to see the game to-day
its in very good condition hardly any wear not been in a arcade
or pub the 1st owner is reputed to be Roger Taylor of Queen
well no proof of this but just a bit of extra twist well I bought the
game left a deposit and will pick it up tomorrow night.......

"Pascal Pensa" <a.la.poubelle.at.wanadoo.point.fr@nulle.part.com> wrote in
message news:42c23aee$0$11688$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
> Even if a left or right cannon loader opto work bad the game will give
> lots of balls.
>
> Anyway this are irritating problem but easy to fix by replacing blue
> resistors on ball trough will fix 90% of problems. i also had the +12v
> wire of emitter leds connector broken in 2 by vibrations making all opto
> seen as 'closed', 'solder man' fixed it :)
>
> buy it it's a damn good game !
>
> Pascal
>
> "Mark Hooks" <markhooks@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
> uh%ve.14016$eM6.11286@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> They are notorious for ball trough problems. They will continuously spit
>> out balls or serve up two balls at a time if things aren't right. I've
>> also seen the under playfield "habitrail ramp" broken.
>>
>> Mark Hooks
>>
>> "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Going to look at a STTNG soon what should I look out
>>> or is everything replaceable..............
>>>

>>> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow Bad Cats Diner (TAF sold)
>>>

>>> Looking for STTNG next Pin
>>>
>>> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
>>> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>>>
>>> Terry C