new window maximized...

is there a way to force all new windows that pop up or even programs to run
in a maximized (full screen) window? for example when I click on an email in
Outlook express, the window is just a small square. I would like it to open
up in a fullly maximized window. Same with other programs...can I force
maximization...(is that a word???) Thanks...

Steven
3 answers Last reply
More about window maximized

    A few options:

    Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and
    select proeprties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximixed".

    If the window still opens small, try this next:

    First, *close all other windows*. Now, grab the corners of the window and
    drag it to full screen size. Close the window using File>Close, or File>Exit
    depending what program you're in. Windows will remember the last screen size
    used the next time you open the program.

    If still no joy, check out these free downloads.

    Windows Maximizer:
    http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/download.asp

    Windows AutoSizer:
    http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

    IE Window maximizer utility:

    Bruce Hagen
    MS MVP - (IE/OE)
    ~IB-CA~

    "batman" <batman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > is there a way to force all new windows that pop up or even programs to
    > run
    > in a maximized (full screen) window? for example when I click on an email
    > in
    > Outlook express, the window is just a small square. I would like it to
    > open
    > up in a fullly maximized window. Same with other programs...can I force
    > maximization...(is that a word???) Thanks...
    >
    > Steven

    Thanks Bruce that trick with the expanding the window manually worked.
    Thanks...

    Steven

    "Bruce Hagen" wrote:

    > A few options:
    >
    > Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and
    > select proeprties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximixed".
    >
    > If the window still opens small, try this next:
    >
    > First, *close all other windows*. Now, grab the corners of the window and
    > drag it to full screen size. Close the window using File>Close, or File>Exit
    > depending what program you're in. Windows will remember the last screen size
    > used the next time you open the program.
    >
    > If still no joy, check out these free downloads.
    >
    > Windows Maximizer:
    > http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/download.asp
    >
    > Windows AutoSizer:
    > http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    >
    > IE Window maximizer utility:
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1746
    >
    > Bruce Hagen
    > MS MVP - (IE/OE)
    > ~IB-CA~
    >
    > "batman" <batman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > is there a way to force all new windows that pop up or even programs to
    > > run
    > > in a maximized (full screen) window? for example when I click on an email
    > > in
    > > Outlook express, the window is just a small square. I would like it to
    > > open
    > > up in a fullly maximized window. Same with other programs...can I force
    > > maximization...(is that a word???) Thanks...
    > >
    > > Steven

    You're welcome.
    --

    > Thanks Bruce that trick with the expanding the window manually worked.
    > Thanks...
    >
    > Steven
    >

    > "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
    >
    >> A few options:
    >>
    >> Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and
    >> select proeprties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximixed".
    >>
    >> If the window still opens small, try this next:
    >>
    >> First, *close all other windows*. Now, grab the corners of the window and
    >> drag it to full screen size. Close the window using File>Close, or
    >> File>Exit
    >> depending what program you're in. Windows will remember the last screen
    >> size
    >> used the next time you open the program.
    >>
    >> If still no joy, check out these free downloads.
    >>
    >> Windows Maximizer:
    >> http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/download.asp
    >>
    >> Windows AutoSizer:
    >> http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    >>
    >> IE Window maximizer utility:
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1746
    >>
    >> Bruce Hagen
    >> MS MVP - (IE/OE)
    >> ~IB-CA~
    >>
    >> "batman" <batman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > is there a way to force all new windows that pop up or even programs to
    >> > run
    >> > in a maximized (full screen) window? for example when I click on an
    >> > email
    >> > in
    >> > Outlook express, the window is just a small square. I would like it to
    >> > open
    >> > up in a fullly maximized window. Same with other programs...can I
    >> > force
    >> > maximization...(is that a word???) Thanks...
    >> >
    >> > Steven

Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP