I875gate architecture bug move to Marchitecture

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8971

I guess there is not bug just intel struggling with mass producting of the Chipset of the size of a CPU and more pin that a EV8.Long live SDRAM, it will be cheaper to offer a 16 bit SRAM systemes

[-peep-] french<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 04/16/03 01:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Once again 'the inquirer' proves that they don't even know how to do simple fact checking.

I haven't seen a single retailer yet offering the 3.0GHz/800MHz P4 for less than the 3.06GHz/533MHz P4. (And I've been looking at the prices for a week already by looking at preorders.) Every price that I've seen is about $100 more for the lower-clocked ah heck, not the other way around as 'the inquirer' claims.

On top of that, after a thorough search of Intel's website, I can't find a single reference to the supposed increase in system bandwidth by 150%. So if such a document exists, I would really love to see proof of life. Besides which, 800 <i>is</i> 150% of 533. (Well, after rounding.) So depending upon the wording should such a document have existed (which I still have no proof of), it is entirely possible that it simply worded the increase by 50% differently (and not inaccurately).

<font color=blue><pre>I'm proud to be an American,
who served my country in the US Air Force,
to protect the rights of my fellow Americans,
to hold protests against others like me.</pre><p></font color=blue>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
yes i agreed that 150% of 133 make 200.This is no point but this give some stuff to bash Intel and around the web is allwasye been popular to bash intel.The point is many think there is no bug just a paper launch.And canterwood and springdale and others P4 c will be all in the market at the same time wich is may.In any case that just a simple delay.

A others reason will be that P4 533mghz bus stock are still too high for intel taste and want to sold more of them before they decrease in price.

[-peep-] french