Using Firewire connection to transfer movies

Hi,
I understand we can transfer digital movie from our camcorder to PC faster
using the firewire -IEEE1394 cable connection. I conneced my samsung
camcorder to my IBM laptop using the IEEE1394 cable from Belkin and the
(Windows XP) Microsoft Movie maker captures movie from my camcorder. But the
capture rate is the same as playback speed. Can I do anything to make the
transfer faster?
2 answers Last reply
More about using firewire connection transfer movies

    Performance of 1394 devices may decrease after you install
    Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Hiren" wrote:

    | Hi,
    | I understand we can transfer digital movie from our camcorder to PC faster
    | using the firewire -IEEE1394 cable connection. I conneced my samsung
    | camcorder to my IBM laptop using the IEEE1394 cable from Belkin and the
    | (Windows XP) Microsoft Movie maker captures movie from my camcorder. But the
    | capture rate is the same as playback speed. Can I do anything to make the
    | transfer faster?

    Thanks Carey,
    I am not sure if it is the SP2. This is the first time i am using, so I
    cannot tell if the speed has come down. My concern is I cannot see any link
    where i can dump my entire tape onto the HD without the replay!!

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Performance of 1394 devices may decrease after you install
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Hiren" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi,
    > | I understand we can transfer digital movie from our camcorder to PC faster
    > | using the firewire -IEEE1394 cable connection. I conneced my samsung
    > | camcorder to my IBM laptop using the IEEE1394 cable from Belkin and the
    > | (Windows XP) Microsoft Movie maker captures movie from my camcorder. But the
    > | capture rate is the same as playback speed. Can I do anything to make the
    > | transfer faster?

Movies Connection Firewire Camcorders Microsoft Windows XP