Laptop Schematic Diagram / Wiring Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit555

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
May I know what websites you would recommend to visit for the above mentioned item? I only wanted to check out the “switch” in the motherboard if it can be overclocked safely the FSB from 400 Mhz into 533 MHz. My laptop motherboard model is A6R with an ATI chipset. Has anyone of you guys that we are same on the motherboard and ATI chipset but your FSB is set at 533Mhz?

Motherboard schematics aren't available anywhere...they're the property of their respective manufacturers.

Switches can't be overclocked, by the way. I think you mean there's a jumper on the board to set between 400 and 533 for a bus speed. While you might be able to, that's a pretty hefty overclock for a notebook CPU. I really don't think it could take it.

kit555

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Thanks for your prompt reply. I really meant switches in the motherboad. I read in Asus forum (link below) that setting the switches to “1” chances the FSB from 400Mhz to 533Mhz. I want to check it first in the diagram before it would ruin my motherboard haha… Joke only. Perhaps fellow members has anyone of you guys tried this?

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20081024061238859&board_id=3&model=A6R&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

BTW it’s true that it can overclock the motherboard through jumper at the motherboard socket but if I’m not mistaken this is only applies to the Intel Chipset but not for ATI. Has anyone of you guys tried it to make a jumper in the motherboard socket in an ATI chipset? Pls advise

kit555

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Yeah me too I was also confused at first. Basically what he was trying to say is that installed a software called “Powerstrip. Once installed configure the GPU( ATI X200) to the max frequency at 401MHz. Pls take note the GPU 401Mhz max frequency is still based on the rated FSB 400 MHz at 100 MHz bus speed. Since he had overclocked the CPU (as he mentioned on item 1) through setting the switches to both “1”, the rated FSB is now gone up to 533 MHz at 133MHz bus speed. Therefore the GPU frequency was also increased to 415MHz or more. Hope my explanation is clear. Just to reiterate to other fellow members has anyone of you guys tried this? Does it make a sense to you? Pls advise

Oh BTW we have the same ATI chipset though.

GUI0

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

They're available here > http://laptop-schematics.com . Chinese brothers are ready to sell even their own motherland for $20 :)))
Also, there are ~50 schematic diagrams for free - see "Free samples" section

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS