Event ID: 1
Date: 8/11/2005
Time: 7:41:59 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: G903W31
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( ISService ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: The event log file
is corrupt..
---------
This doesn't sound like it is good and it sounds like it should be corrected
(?) but I don't have any idea how to correct this. Hope you can give me some
information about this message that I get.

Try clicking on the url in the viewer box,this opens help/support in xp,
usually with a fix or solution.You can also go to TechNet at microsoft.com,
troubleshooting and support,click on the event-error message center,type in
some of youre data and a solution to the problem will get shown.

"lme" wrote:

> In the application information I get this message: Event Type: Information
> Event Source: ISService
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1
> Date: 8/11/2005
> Time: 7:41:59 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: G903W31
> The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( ISService ) cannot be found.
> The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
> DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
> the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
> details. The following information is part of the event: The event log file
> is corrupt..
> ---------
> This doesn't sound like it is good and it sounds like it should be corrected
> (?) but I don't have any idea how to correct this. Hope you can give me some
> information about this message that I get.

Hi,

Looks like the system event log is corrupt, not that there is anything
terribly wrong. Click start/run and type eventvwr.msc, then click ok. On the
left, right- click the system log and select properties. Use the 'clear log'
button near the bottom, then set the options to overwrite when the event log
is full.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"lme" <lme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the application information I get this message: Event Type:
> Information
> Event Source: ISService
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1
> Date: 8/11/2005
> Time: 7:41:59 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: G903W31
> The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( ISService ) cannot be
> found.
> The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message
> DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to
> use
> the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support
> for
> details. The following information is part of the event: The event log
> file
> is corrupt..
> ---------
> This doesn't sound like it is good and it sounds like it should be
> corrected
> (?) but I don't have any idea how to correct this. Hope you can give me
> some
> information about this message that I get.

I did what you said to do, but still get the same message again. So that
didn't fix the problem. Is there anything else that I could try to fix this
'corrupt event log file'?
-lme
=======

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looks like the system event log is corrupt, not that there is anything
> terribly wrong. Click start/run and type eventvwr.msc, then click ok. On the
> left, right- click the system log and select properties. Use the 'clear log'
> button near the bottom, then set the options to overwrite when the event log
> is full.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "lme" <lme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In the application information I get this message: Event Type:
> > Information
> > Event Source: ISService
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1
> > Date: 8/11/2005
> > Time: 7:41:59 PM
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> > Computer: G903W31
> > The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( ISService ) cannot be
> > found.
> > The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> > message
> > DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to
> > use
> > the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support
> > for
> > details. The following information is part of the event: The event log
> > file
> > is corrupt..
> > ---------
> > This doesn't sound like it is good and it sounds like it should be
> > corrected
> > (?) but I don't have any idea how to correct this. Hope you can give me
> > some
> > information about this message that I get.

Hi,

Do the same for the application and security logs.

--

>I did what you said to do, but still get the same message again. So that
> didn't fix the problem. Is there anything else that I could try to fix
> this
> 'corrupt event log file'?
> -lme
> =======
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looks like the system event log is corrupt, not that there is anything
>> terribly wrong. Click start/run and type eventvwr.msc, then click ok. On
>> the
>> left, right- click the system log and select properties. Use the 'clear
>> log'
>> button near the bottom, then set the options to overwrite when the event
>> log
>> is full.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "lme" <lme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In the application information I get this message: Event Type:
>> > Information
>> > Event Source: ISService
>> > Event Category: None
>> > Event ID: 1
>> > Date: 8/11/2005
>> > Time: 7:41:59 PM
>> > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>> > Computer: G903W31
>> > The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( ISService ) cannot be
>> > found.
>> > The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
>> > message
>> > DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
>> > use
>> > the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support
>> > for
>> > details. The following information is part of the event: The event log
>> > file
>> > is corrupt..
>> > ---------
>> > This doesn't sound like it is good and it sounds like it should be
>> > corrected
>> > (?) but I don't have any idea how to correct this. Hope you can give
>> > me
>> > some
>> > information about this message that I get.

I did the same for all three Event Viewer logs and that didn't help. Then I
disabled the Event Viewer in the Services and the next time I Restarted I
enabled Event Viewer in Services and cleared the log on all three again.
Somewhere in all that I have the Disk Defragmenter working again by
defragmenting completely as the CI doesn't show up in the Event Viewer
Application Error Records now. Nothing shows up in it in Computer Management
/ Indexing Service now like it did before (so I guess that is why the
defragmenter completely defragments now).

I still get the message in Event Viewer about the ISService event file being
corrupt but it does load up a little different than before. This is one
message that I got:
Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 615
Source: Security
Version: 5.0
Component: Security Event Log
Symbolic Name: SE_AUDITID_IPSEC_POLICY_CHANGED
Message: IPSec policy agent changed: %1
PolicySource: %2
But now the ISService does not even load up just the same old message about
it's event log file being corrupt.
I'm at a loss on how to fix this. Hope you have more things to try. I have
SP2 installed and keep the antivirus defs up-to-date along with the Critical
Updates from Microsoft.
-lme