system restore problem

thank you for looking i have a problem with my system restore it will only
allow me to restore to my last restore point when i want to go back further
it goes through the motions then when i hit my user name it says system
restore was unable to restore please pick anouther date i am only using the
restore points can any one help please
3 answers Last reply
More about system restore problem

    Bertie,

    1-Do you have enough hard drive space?

    2-Do you have enough space allocated for System Restore?

    -right-click /My Computer > select 'Properties'

    -click the 'System Restore' tab > increase space by moving the slider

    3) reinstall 'System Restore'

    -Start > Run > Type c:\windows\inf > OK
    -in the INF folder, find sr.inf (sr if extensions are hidden)
    -right-click on sr.inf & click 'Install'
    -insert the XP disk if asked

    Drew

    "bertie" <bertie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > thank you for looking i have a problem with my system restore it will only
    > allow me to restore to my last restore point when i want to go back
    > further
    > it goes through the motions then when i hit my user name it says system
    > restore was unable to restore please pick anouther date i am only using
    > the
    > restore points can any one help please

    Hi,

    Try the troubleshooting tips here:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "bertie" <bertie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > thank you for looking i have a problem with my system restore it will only
    > allow me to restore to my last restore point when i want to go back
    > further
    > it goes through the motions then when i hit my user name it says system
    > restore was unable to restore please pick anouther date i am only using
    > the
    > restore points can any one help please

    Hi Bertie,

    This would indicate the restore point prompting error is corrupt. This will also cause all
    prior restore points to fail.

    I would suggest running Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recent restore point.

    Using System Restore & Disk Cleanup
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/diskclean.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    bertie wrote:
    > thank you for looking i have a problem with my system
    > restore it will only allow me to restore to my last
    > restore point when i want to go back further it goes
    > through the motions then when i hit my user name it says
    > system restore was unable to restore please pick anouther
    > date i am only using the restore points can any one help
    > please

Microsoft System Restore Windows XP