Long delay BEFORE printing

i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem is, when
I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto a couple of hours
for it to print. I have changed the print priority to 99 but still the same.
I have re-installed the drivers and checked all the settings and i can't see
anything thats different as it used to print immediatly. I have tried
changing to print immediatly after first page/after last page and everything
else i can think of. I also have another PC on my w/less network sharing this
printer but this has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with
adaware and S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to no
avail. please help!
3 answers Last reply
More about long delay printing

    bry25_uk wrote:
    > i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem
    > is, when I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto
    > a couple of hours for it to print. I have changed the print priority
    > to 99 but still the same. I have re-installed the drivers and checked
    > all the settings and i can't see anything thats different as it used
    > to print immediatly. I have tried changing to print immediatly after
    > first page/after last page and everything else i can think of. I also
    > have another PC on my w/less network sharing this printer but this
    > has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with adaware and
    > S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to no
    > avail. please help!

    Have you completely removed the printer and drives and rebooted and then
    reinstalled printer?

    > i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem is,
    > when
    > I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto a couple of
    > hours
    > for it to print. I have changed the print priority to 99 but still the
    > same.
    > I have re-installed the drivers and checked all the settings and i can't
    > see
    > anything thats different as it used to print immediatly. I have tried
    > changing to print immediatly after first page/after last page and
    > everything
    > else i can think of. I also have another PC on my w/less network sharing
    > this
    > printer but this has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with
    > adaware and S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to
    > no
    > avail. please help!

    If you have recently installed the MS Anti-spyware program, there have been
    reports that it can cause this problem. If so, try uninstalling the
    program, and see if your delay goes away.

    --
    ..__
    (__

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:34:01 -0700, "bry25_uk"
    <bry25uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem is, when
    >I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto a couple of hours
    >for it to print. I have changed the print priority to 99 but still the same.
    >I have re-installed the drivers and checked all the settings and i can't see
    >anything thats different as it used to print immediatly. I have tried
    >changing to print immediatly after first page/after last page and everything
    >else i can think of. I also have another PC on my w/less network sharing this
    >printer but this has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with
    >adaware and S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to no
    >avail. please help!

    I have a Lexmark Printer, which supplies its own Print Processor. This
    processor causes extremely slow printing.

    I solved the problem of slow printing by changing the Print Processor
    to "WinPrint" (in the Printer Properties) instead of the native
    Lexmark processor.

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread
    so that conversations may be kept in order

Photo Windows XP