i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem is, when
I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto a couple of hours
for it to print. I have changed the print priority to 99 but still the same.
I have re-installed the drivers and checked all the settings and i can't see
anything thats different as it used to print immediatly. I have tried
changing to print immediatly after first page/after last page and everything
else i can think of. I also have another PC on my w/less network sharing this
printer but this has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with
adaware and S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to no
avail. please help!

Jimmy

bry25_uk wrote:
> i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem
> is, when I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto
> a couple of hours for it to print. I have changed the print priority
> to 99 but still the same. I have re-installed the drivers and checked
> all the settings and i can't see anything thats different as it used
> to print immediatly. I have tried changing to print immediatly after
> first page/after last page and everything else i can think of. I also
> have another PC on my w/less network sharing this printer but this
> has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with adaware and
> S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to no
> avail. please help!

Have you completely removed the printer and drives and rebooted and then
reinstalled printer?

> i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem is,
> when
> I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto a couple of
> hours
> for it to print. I have changed the print priority to 99 but still the
> same.
> I have re-installed the drivers and checked all the settings and i can't
> see
> anything thats different as it used to print immediatly. I have tried
> changing to print immediatly after first page/after last page and
> everything
> else i can think of. I also have another PC on my w/less network sharing
> this
> printer but this has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with
> adaware and S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to
> no
> avail. please help!

If you have recently installed the MS Anti-spyware program, there have been
reports that it can cause this problem. If so, try uninstalling the
program, and see if your delay goes away.

--
..__
(__

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:34:01 -0700, "bry25_uk"
<bry25uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem is, when
>I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto a couple of hours
>for it to print. I have changed the print priority to 99 but still the same.
>I have re-installed the drivers and checked all the settings and i can't see
>anything thats different as it used to print immediatly. I have tried
>changing to print immediatly after first page/after last page and everything
>else i can think of. I also have another PC on my w/less network sharing this
>printer but this has the same delay, I have scanned for spy/ad-ware with
>adaware and S&D but there is none. I have run the troubleshooters but to no
>avail. please help!

I have a Lexmark Printer, which supplies its own Print Processor. This
processor causes extremely slow printing.

I solved the problem of slow printing by changing the Print Processor
to "WinPrint" (in the Printer Properties) instead of the native
Lexmark processor.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order