Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate

What can I Do?

reboot in Safe Mode.

as PC starts, tap F8 key about once or twice per second. you will get
a menu of start options. Safe is usually 3 or 5.

cheers

Drummy wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
> \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate
>
> What can I Do?

I already tried that and it is still the same thing!

"otis" wrote:

> reboot in Safe Mode.
>
> as PC starts, tap F8 key about once or twice per second. you will get
> a menu of start options. Safe is usually 3 or 5.
>
> cheers
>
> Drummy wrote:
> > Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
> > \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> > Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate
> >
> > What can I Do?

Jimmy

Drummy wrote:
> I already tried that and it is still the same thing!
>

> "otis" wrote:
>
>> reboot in Safe Mode.
>>
>> as PC starts, tap F8 key about once or twice per second. you will
>> get a menu of start options. Safe is usually 3 or 5.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Drummy wrote:
>>> Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
>>> \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
>>> Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate
>>>
>>> What can I Do?

Try error checking.

Alias

Disable Norton's auto scan feature and Live Update before you defrag.

Alias
"Drummy" <Drummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I already tried that and it is still the same thing!
>

> "otis" wrote:
>
>> reboot in Safe Mode.
>>
>> as PC starts, tap F8 key about once or twice per second. you will get
>> a menu of start options. Safe is usually 3 or 5.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Drummy wrote:
>> > Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
>> > \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
>> > Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate
>> >
>> > What can I Do?

Still doesnt work :(

"Drummy" <Drummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Still doesnt work :(
>

> "Alias" wrote:
>
>> Disable Norton's auto scan feature and Live Update before you defrag.
>>
>> Alias

Check with Symantec's web site for the fix. In the mean time delete the file
and let us now if that works.

On Saturday 13 August 2005 09:20 am, Drummy had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Still doesnt work :(

Then dump that toy operating system you're using and get Linux. Linux hard
drives don't require defragging. They're smart and use a journaled file
system.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.