I can't defrag...

Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate

What can I Do?
7 answers Last reply
More about defrag

    reboot in Safe Mode.

    as PC starts, tap F8 key about once or twice per second. you will get
    a menu of start options. Safe is usually 3 or 5.

    cheers

    Drummy wrote:
    > Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
    > \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    > Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate
    >
    > What can I Do?

    I already tried that and it is still the same thing!

    Drummy wrote:
    > I already tried that and it is still the same thing!
    >

    > "otis" wrote:
    >
    >> reboot in Safe Mode.
    >>
    >> as PC starts, tap F8 key about once or twice per second. you will
    >> get a menu of start options. Safe is usually 3 or 5.
    >>
    >> cheers
    >>
    >> Drummy wrote:
    >>> Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
    >>> \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    >>> Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate
    >>>
    >>> What can I Do?

    Try error checking.

    Disable Norton's auto scan feature and Live Update before you defrag.

    Alias
    "Drummy" <Drummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    >I already tried that and it is still the same thing!
    >

    > "otis" wrote:
    >
    >> reboot in Safe Mode.
    >>
    >> as PC starts, tap F8 key about once or twice per second. you will get
    >> a menu of start options. Safe is usually 3 or 5.
    >>
    >> cheers
    >>
    >> Drummy wrote:
    >> > Hi, I am trying to defrag and I can't because of this file
    >> > \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    >> > Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate
    >> >
    >> > What can I Do?

    Still doesnt work :(

    "Drummy" <Drummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Still doesnt work :(
    >

    > "Alias" wrote:
    >
    >> Disable Norton's auto scan feature and Live Update before you defrag.
    >>
    >> Alias

    Check with Symantec's web site for the fix. In the mean time delete the file
    and let us now if that works.

    On Saturday 13 August 2005 09:20 am, Drummy had this to say in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > Still doesnt work :(

    Then dump that toy operating system you're using and get Linux. Linux hard
    drives don't require defragging. They're smart and use a journaled file
    system.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

Defragment Symantec Microsoft Windows XP