Corsair GS800 PSU
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
MSI GTX 660 TF OC 2GB SLI
Zalmann CPU cooler
Asrock Extreme IV Z77
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Simmtronics 500GB HDD.

^^^ Herein lies my problem ^^^

My HDD is faulty. It's awfully slow and its making all sorts of unsettling noises. I have ordered a Western Digital 500GB blue, and an OCZ Agility 60GB SSD.
Im going to be reinstalling windows, but what is the best way to do so? I don't care about the data I have on my PC already, as it's only been built. Can I just remove the Simmtronic 500GB, and put in the new HDD and SSD along with my Windows disc and install as if it's all new? Or do I absolutely HAVE to reinstall windows from the recovery menu?

Any help would be great lads, cheers.

More about : reinstalling windows ssd oem pack

October 23, 2012 3:16:23 AM

You should be able to just install it with the windows disc right on to the ssd
October 23, 2012 3:29:54 AM

thehumanidiot said:
You should be able to just install it with the windows disc right on to the ssd

It's just I heard with the System builders version of Windows 7 you can only install it and use the product key once. Has anyone any experience in this? It's been racking my brain for days, I wanna use my new PC! :p 
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 23, 2012 3:38:18 AM

Strictly speaking you should uninstall the previous version before re-installing, but as that drive is destined for the bin I wouldn't worry too much about it. Go ahead and install to your SSD, when you activate it should go through ok, but be prepared to have to phone M'soft to activate if your motherboard is sustantially different from your 1st installation.
Some good tips to follow to get the best from your SSD
http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/...
October 23, 2012 3:38:37 AM

Fatalityduffman said:
It's just I heard with the System builders version of Windows 7 you can only install it and use the product key once. Has anyone any experience in this? It's been racking my brain for days, I wanna use my new PC! :p 

As long as you don't change motherboards you are fine.
October 23, 2012 3:46:57 AM

Same mobo as before. The only thing being changed is the HDD to an SSD and HDD combo. Best thing would probably be to try the clean installation then revert back to the old drive if anything goes awry. Thanks a million guys.
a b $ Windows 7
October 23, 2012 4:07:03 AM

One other, you don't have to activate your Windows immediately, which means you can skip entering the key when asked for, gives you 30 days to be sure your install is stable before activating...
!