Dungeon Seige anyone??

endless_n00b

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
I know its not out yet, but supposed to ship 4/4. Anyone have comments? I'm looking for the good the bad and the ugly, whatever. I tell ya, the movie clips look damn cool!

----
A newbie is only a newbie for as long as you allow him to be.
-Anonymous Veteran

mystic

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
I'm looking forward to it. Looks like a great RPG. You can start the game with only one person or a party of up to 10. The Engine looks nice and the game will ship with gmax, a powerful editing tool which will help to create levels faster. I also think The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind is out next mounth.

endless_n00b

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
actually I think the party can go up to 8 not 10. Still good though. I was reading some other stuff, here's some cool things:

1. Realism - arrows stick in you and you have to pull them out(ouch) and other cool stuff like that.
2. Pack mules - finally! you dont have to carry all your crap on your char
3. programable npc AI - give your npc mercs orders, have them react a certain way in combat (ie have archers hang back and shoot, have tank classes charge in and go toe2toe)

the bad:
games will be hosted locally (ie client side) so expect cheats and hacks. Anyone know if they will have closed servers as an option with character info stored on secure game servers?

----
A newbie is only a newbie for as long as you allow him to be.
-Anonymous Veteran