Power Supply for Pavilion A200N

Would a stardard ATX power supply work in a
Pavilion A200N? It looks like a standard 250W
ATX P4-capable unit to me. Thanks.

Measure the dimensions and compare with standard ones. Check for a 3-wire lead
from the motherboard to the power supply. This is a non-standard connection to
control the power supply fan... Ben Myers

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:50:04 -0400, David Owens <"david_owens[no
spam]"@alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:

>Would a stardard ATX power supply work in a
>Pavilion A200N? It looks like a standard 250W
>ATX P4-capable unit to me. Thanks.

Ben, I looked and the are only two things from the
power supply connected to the motherboard, the ATX
power connector and the ATX12V power connector.

Ben Myers wrote:
> Measure the dimensions and compare with standard ones. Check for a 3-wire lead
> from the motherboard to the power supply. This is a non-standard connection to
> control the power supply fan... Ben Myers
>
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:50:04 -0400, David Owens <"david_owens[no
> spam]"@alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
>

>>Would a stardard ATX power supply work in a
>>Pavilion A200N? It looks like a standard 250W
>>ATX P4-capable unit to me. Thanks.

Then you are OK with an ATX-12v power supply of the right dimensions.

HP has gone back and forth on its power supplies with and without the 3-wire
lead to control the power supply fan. This lack of consistency leads to
suprises when one opens up the chassis of any random HP Pavilion.

.... Ben Myers

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:42:42 -0400, David Owens <"david_owens[no