Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I was recently sent a movie by a frined, and it is a ".MOV" file. It won't
play on either QuickTime (for Windows version 6.5.2) of my Windows Media
Player. How do I convert it so something I can use?

--
a6eintrudr

Bob wrote:
> I was recently sent a movie by a frined, and it is a ".MOV" file. It
> won't play on either QuickTime (for Windows version 6.5.2) of my
> Windows Media Player. How do I convert it so something I can use?

More than likely if it won't play in Quicktime, it is corrupt, and will
error out using a conversion utility. You should ask "your friend" to
resend it to you, and ask what prog they used to view it.

--
Peace!
Kurt

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:46:39 -0400, "kurttrail"
<dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

>Bob wrote:
>> I was recently sent a movie by a frined, and it is a ".MOV" file. It
>> won't play on either QuickTime (for Windows version 6.5.2) of my
>> Windows Media Player. How do I convert it so something I can use?
>
>More than likely if it won't play in Quicktime, it is corrupt, and will
>error out using a conversion utility. You should ask "your friend" to
>resend it to you, and ask what prog they used to view it.

In the first place, Windows Media Player does not recognise .mov
files, nor can it play them. ".mov" files are strictly a QuickTime
format, so stop trying to use them in Windows Media Player.

It's also possible that the .mov file was recorded and compressed with
a codec that your version of QuickTime does not supply.

I advise you to upgrade to the latest QuickTime for Windows (now in
the 7.x's versions). This version of QuidkTime for Windows contains
codecs which are not supplied with previous versions. Then see if
your .mov file can play in QuickTime.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order