windows no disk error

August 13, 2005 3:00:49 PM

My computer just recently started showing an error message on start
up:"There is no disk in the drive, please insert a disk into the drive."
????? This appears after I start up the computer. Any ideas on how to remove
this warning? Thanks ahead of time.

More about : windows disk error

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 7:03:36 PM

In news:ea3MsDDoFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
mommao <hsosgar@sbcglobal.net> typed:
> My computer just recently started showing an error message on start
> up:"There is no disk in the drive, please insert a disk into the
> drive." ????? This appears after I start up the computer. Any ideas
> on how to remove this warning? Thanks ahead of time.

Sounds like something in startup is expecting to find a CD, floppy,
nonexistent drive.
Run msconfig and see what looks awry.

Is your PC fully patched? SP2 and all critical updates? Have you run any
scans with anti-spyware software? Got good antivirus (updated regularly)?