Deletion Error - Please Help

August 13, 2005 4:00:21 PM

I save some pictures off the internet and then deleted them. Afterwards, I
restored them from my recycle bin and now i am unable to re-delete them.
When i try to delete them it comes up with "Error Deleting File or Folder:
Cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk" How can i get
these files off of my computer? Thanks.

More about : deletion error

August 13, 2005 4:14:03 PM

I am so sorry to do this, but I cannot get "new question" to come up, only
the reply. What do I need to do? I've gone to Help, doing what I think I'm
supposed to do, but still can't get to a new question. Kat
--
Kat needs help!

"df_88_" wrote:

> I save some pictures off the internet and then deleted them. Afterwards, I
> restored them from my recycle bin and now i am unable to re-delete them.
> When i try to delete them it comes up with "Error Deleting File or Folder:
> Cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk" How can i get
> these files off of my computer? Thanks.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 5:55:04 PM

MANUALLY DELETING STUBBORN FILES
http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081

Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

---

Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

Scroll down to Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
---

How To Delete "Undeletable" Files And Folders In XP
http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

"Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298345

You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders from a
Mounted Drive
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319368

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:363DD020-579F-40FF-9817-04EA80266AC2@microsoft.com,
df_88_ <df_88_@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I save some pictures off the internet and then deleted them. Afterwards,
> I restored them from my recycle bin and now i am unable to re-delete them.
> When i try to delete them it comes up with "Error Deleting File or Folder:
> Cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk" How can i get
> these files off of my computer? Thanks.
August 13, 2005 7:12:34 PM

DF,
I sure hope you can delete all that porn before your mom or dad finds out
what you have done.
Best of luck, but in the future, be more careful.
!