Deletion Error - Please Help

I save some pictures off the internet and then deleted them. Afterwards, I
restored them from my recycle bin and now i am unable to re-delete them.
When i try to delete them it comes up with "Error Deleting File or Folder:
Cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk" How can i get
these files off of my computer? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about deletion error help

    I am so sorry to do this, but I cannot get "new question" to come up, only
    the reply. What do I need to do? I've gone to Help, doing what I think I'm
    supposed to do, but still can't get to a new question. Kat
    --
    Kat needs help!

    "df_88_" wrote:

    > I save some pictures off the internet and then deleted them. Afterwards, I
    > restored them from my recycle bin and now i am unable to re-delete them.
    > When i try to delete them it comes up with "Error Deleting File or Folder:
    > Cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk" How can i get
    > these files off of my computer? Thanks.

    MANUALLY DELETING STUBBORN FILES
    http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

    You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081

    Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

    ---

    Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

    Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

    Scroll down to Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
    ---

    How To Delete "Undeletable" Files And Folders In XP
    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

    "Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298345

    You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

    You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders from a
    Mounted Drive
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319368

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:363DD020-579F-40FF-9817-04EA80266AC2@microsoft.com,
    df_88_ <df_88_@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I save some pictures off the internet and then deleted them. Afterwards,
    > I restored them from my recycle bin and now i am unable to re-delete them.
    > When i try to delete them it comes up with "Error Deleting File or Folder:
    > Cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk" How can i get
    > these files off of my computer? Thanks.

    DF,
    I sure hope you can delete all that porn before your mom or dad finds out
    what you have done.
    Best of luck, but in the future, be more careful.

Microsoft Windows XP