Hi

If a site does not offer RSS, is there other software that can alert me when
information on the webpage/web site information changes? It would save me
visiting the site regularly to check updates.

Your help is appreciated.
Julia
---------

Julia wrote:
> If a site does not offer RSS, is there other software that can alert
> me when information on the webpage/web site information changes? It
> would save me visiting the site regularly to check updates.

In the future - try google searching first..

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

WebMon works pretty good.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks, but I am already aware about searching google and would not have
posted if I found the answer there!

Julia wrote:
> Thanks, but I am already aware about searching google and would not
> have posted if I found the answer there!

First off - don't take offense. After all - I did give sound advice and a
recommended application.

Secondly - if you did not find the answer via google, perhaps you should go
through your technique you use in finding things using google based off the
tutorial page given.. ( http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

I did a search for:

"monitor web page for changes"

And the 5th one down for me was WebMon (the one I recommended) - wording on
these things is everything - sometimes you have to choose synonyms you
wouldn't normally use because the creators of these programs are trying to
"stand out fromthe crowd" after all.

The direct link for WebMon is:
http://www.markwell.btinternet.co.uk/webmon/

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Yes, and I did say thank you, and as I mentioned if I was to have found it
via google I would not have posted.

Thanks again for all your advice.
Regards