A920

Does anyone know if the A920 printer/scanner can use all the different sized
cartridges for the Lexmark X1150. I gather it is a clone of this machine,
but there seem to be mixed opinions as to whether the Dell can use the large
capacity cartridges (and cheap clones of these)...

Thanks!

Gonzo
5 answers Last reply
More about a920

    Everything I have read is that the Dell-branded printers require Dell
    cartridges. I would avoid them for that reason.

    Tom
    "Gonzo Lagonda" <newsgroups-NOSPAM@REMOVETHISBITsundaeclub.com> wrote in
    message news:c5rk63$uiv$2@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the A920 printer/scanner can use all the different sized
    >cartridges for the Lexmark X1150. I gather it is a clone of this machine,
    >but there seem to be mixed opinions as to whether the Dell can use the large
    >capacity cartridges (and cheap clones of these)...

    Every feedback ever seen here has said that the Dell versions of
    Lexmark printers use Dell proprietary cartridges, and that
    standard issue Lexmark/Lexmark clone cartridges won't work. But
    since that's just Usenet talk, why don't you buy a couple [color
    and b&w] of those clones, standard or high capacity, and tell us
    if you find out they work.
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    Gonzo,
    The Dell A920 Inkjet cartridge design is slightly different than Standard Lexmark Inkjet cartridge design. It seems that the Dell cartridge is deeper and thinner, than the Lexmark one. Compare the images at the following sites, and compare.

    Dell A920 Inkjet cartridge design:
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?category_id=&k=&mnf=&brandid=&prst=&prEnd=&sku=310-4143&mnfsku=&SearchType=&Page=printerconfigproductlisting.aspx&spagenum=1&Pageb4Search=&InStock=&items_per_page=25&orderby=&mnfname=DELL&brand=A920+All-In-One+Inkjet+Printer&SubmitSearch=&image_flag=True&refurbished=&c=us&l=en&cs=19&iCompatid=162245

    Standard Lexmark Inkjet cartridge design:
    http://store5.yimg.com/I/supermediastore_1789_4901142

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the A920 printer/scanner can use all the different sized
    >cartridges for the Lexmark X1150. I gather it is a clone of this machine,
    >but there seem to be mixed opinions as to whether the Dell can use the large
    >capacity cartridges (and cheap clones of these)...

    Every feedback ever seen here has said that the Dell versions of
    Lexmark printers use Dell proprietary cartridges, and that
    standard issue Lexmark/Lexmark clone cartridges won't work. But
    since that's just Usenet talk, why don't you buy a couple [color
    and b&w] of those clones, standard or high capacity, and tell us
    if you find out they work.
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    you picture of the dell a920 cartridge is the correct replacement cartridge
    for that printer, but the one for the lexmark x1150 is not. a picture for
    the replacement cartridge for the x1150 can be found here
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2193976&sourceid=0100000030660804302498
    if you enlarge it and look closely and compare the two cartridges you can
    see that they are nearly identical, except for the top. because of the
    different tops, they can not be installed interchangeably between the two
    printers (the door will not lock down and hold the cartridge in place if the
    wrong cartridge is inserted). on the positive side, the dell cartridges are
    typically less expensive than the equivalent lexmark once (but no the clone
    ones like nutone and rhinotek which are not made for dell models) but that
    is little consolation if you happen to run out of ink wile trying to print
    out something that is time sensitive and you can't wait for cartridges to
    arrive in the mail... in that case it is good to know that the dell
    cartridges can be refilled with the same refill kits meant for the lexmark
    cartridges. i suppose if the dell printers ever become popular enough the
    clone makers will offer cartridges for them too.

    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the A920 printer/scanner can use all the different
    sized
    >cartridges for the Lexmark X1150. I gather it is a clone of this machine,
    >but there seem to be mixed opinions as to whether the Dell can use the
    large
    >capacity cartridges (and cheap clones of these)...

    Every feedback ever seen here has said that the Dell versions of
    Lexmark printers use Dell proprietary cartridges, and that
    standard issue Lexmark/Lexmark clone cartridges won't work. But
    since that's just Usenet talk, why don't you buy a couple [color
    and b&w] of those clones, standard or high capacity, and tell us
    if you find out they work.
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    Popular...not with me I cannot afford the ink...printer was free with a
    computer order...free but I will go broke buying ink...I`ii stick with
    canon...Black cart...about $8..color $24.print quality good....Photo quality
    way above average...Dell is in the closet...peace,Harry

Dell Printers Computers