TZ auto kick

Hi everybody,

I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while after
I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto kicks it.
Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then I'm
stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then dispensing
one from the gumball machine.

I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea which
switch or opto might be the faulty one?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nic

I want to take a guess that you could have a switch sticking on somewhere.
Sounds like its trying to get rid of the extra ball that's in the trough and
put it back in the machine. What about your ball saver settings, what do
those look like?

--Eric

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while
after
> I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto kicks
it.
> Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then I'm
> stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then dispensing
> one from the gumball machine.
>
> I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea
which
> switch or opto might be the faulty one?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Nic

Right, remember there is a 4th trough switch in TZ which if that's
reading funky, as well as the outhole switch, will cause the game to try
and load a gumball. If the gumball machine is not dispensing a ball
after it is loaded the game thinks there are more than 3 balls on the
playfield.

If it was a ball saver setting, the game wouldn't be trying to load up
the gumball machine, so start with making sure your switches are reading
properly. Trough switches in TZ are NO (Normally Open) when there are
no balls.

-wolffy

Eric Schmitt wrote:
> I want to take a guess that you could have a switch sticking on somewhere.
> Sounds like its trying to get rid of the extra ball that's in the trough and
> put it back in the machine. What about your ball saver settings, what do
> those look like?
>
> --Eric
>

>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while
>
> after
>
>>I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto kicks
>
> it.
>
>>Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then I'm
>>stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then dispensing
>>one from the gumball machine.
>>
>>I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea
>
> which
>
>>switch or opto might be the faulty one?
>>
>>Thanks a lot in advance!
>>
>>Nic

That's a very good idea, I'll look at that tonight.
About the ball saver settings, I'm not too sure what you mean. I don't think
TZ has a ball saver, or does it???
The new ball that it is serving is always a new ball never one the machine
is saving.

Huge thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

Nic

"Eric Schmitt" <ericjschmitt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to take a guess that you could have a switch sticking on somewhere.
> Sounds like its trying to get rid of the extra ball that's in the trough
and
> put it back in the machine. What about your ball saver settings, what do
> those look like?
>
> --Eric
>

> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while
> after
> > I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto kicks
> it.
> > Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then
I'm
> > stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then
dispensing
> > one from the gumball machine.
> >
> > I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea
> which
> > switch or opto might be the faulty one?
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance!
> >
> > Nic

There should be a saver in the menu somewhere, but switch is most likely the
cause.

--Eric

> That's a very good idea, I'll look at that tonight.
> About the ball saver settings, I'm not too sure what you mean. I don't
think
> TZ has a ball saver, or does it???
> The new ball that it is serving is always a new ball never one the machine
> is saving.
>
> Huge thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.
>
> Nic
>

> "Eric Schmitt" <ericjschmitt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I want to take a guess that you could have a switch sticking on
somewhere.
> > Sounds like its trying to get rid of the extra ball that's in the trough
> and
> > put it back in the machine. What about your ball saver settings, what do
> > those look like?
> >
> > --Eric
> >

> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while
> > after
> > > I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto
kicks
> > it.
> > > Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then
> I'm
> > > stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then
> dispensing
> > > one from the gumball machine.
> > >
> > > I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea
> > which
> > > switch or opto might be the faulty one?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot in advance!
> > >
> > > Nic

Thanks Wolffy,

I've been looking at this problem with no help for a while and just couldn't
figure it out. And then I found this newsgroup
where everybody is eager to help.

Huge Thanks!!!

Nic

"Wolffy" <sendnospamto_wolffy@gaspar.net> wrote in message
> Right, remember there is a 4th trough switch in TZ which if that's
> reading funky, as well as the outhole switch, will cause the game to try
> and load a gumball. If the gumball machine is not dispensing a ball
> after it is loaded the game thinks there are more than 3 balls on the
> playfield.
>
> If it was a ball saver setting, the game wouldn't be trying to load up
> the gumball machine, so start with making sure your switches are reading
> properly. Trough switches in TZ are NO (Normally Open) when there are
> no balls.
>
> -wolffy
>

> Eric Schmitt wrote:
> > I want to take a guess that you could have a switch sticking on
somewhere.
> > Sounds like its trying to get rid of the extra ball that's in the trough
and
> > put it back in the machine. What about your ball saver settings, what do
> > those look like?
> >
> > --Eric
> >

> >>Hi everybody,
> >>
> >>I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while
> >
> > after
> >
> >>I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto kicks
> >
> > it.
> >
> >>Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then
I'm
> >>stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then
dispensing
> >>one from the gumball machine.
> >>
> >>I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea
> >
> > which
> >
> >>switch or opto might be the faulty one?
> >>
> >>Thanks a lot in advance!
> >>
> >>Nic

I had the same issue with my BSD. I cleaned all of the switches in the
trough mechanism with tuner cleaner and it problem went away.

Robert

It might not be a stuck switch. If the game is serving the ball at the
correct times, it sounds like the little divertor arm that runs between the
two shooter lanes may be sticking open. That would cause served balls to be
dumped into the autofire lane when they shouldn't be. I'd look at that
mechanism and see if that's what's happening. Let us know.

Brandon

"Nicolas Legare" <nl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while
> after
> I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto kicks
> it.
> Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then I'm
> stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then dispensing
> one from the gumball machine.
>
> I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea
> which
> switch or opto might be the faulty one?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Nic

Hi Brandon,

That part seems to work ok because the diverter actually opens whenever the
machine is giving me a new ball.
So something is telling the machine it needs to autokick the ball.

Thanks
Nic

"Brandon Miller" <millerwb@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> It might not be a stuck switch. If the game is serving the ball at the
> correct times, it sounds like the little divertor arm that runs between
the
> two shooter lanes may be sticking open. That would cause served balls to
be
> dumped into the autofire lane when they shouldn't be. I'd look at that
> mechanism and see if that's what's happening. Let us know.
>
> Brandon
>
> "Nicolas Legare" <nl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I'm having a problem with my TZ, for some reason every once in a while
> > after
> > I drain a ball, instead of giving me the next one the machine auto kicks
> > it.
> > Even worse sometimes it auto kicks it in the gumball machine. And then
I'm
> > stuck waiting for the machine searching for the balls and then
dispensing
> > one from the gumball machine.
> >
> > I ran all the tests on the machine and everything seems fine, any idea
> > which
> > switch or opto might be the faulty one?
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance!
> >
> > Nic

Thanks everyone, problem fixed. It was in fact one of the switches in the
through, the far left one to be exact.
Although the switch itself wasn't exactly the problem but rather that metal
wire that the balls push against wasn't getting
stuck once in a while.

Thanks again