I am running Home Edition installed by Dell and am unable to access FTP
sites. I tired a few things and have passive FTP enabled and cannot figure
out why I cannot use FTP.

Any ideas?
--
Thanks.

well I certainly dunno
assume you're talking IE
and you've enabled ftp folder view
if a site doesn't work passive, I uncheck that box and it works

"Falcon" <Falcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Home Edition installed by Dell and am unable to access FTP
> sites. I tired a few things and have passive FTP enabled and cannot figure
> out why I cannot use FTP.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Thanks.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:35:31 -0700, Falcon
<Falcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running Home Edition installed by Dell and am unable to access FTP
>sites. I tired a few things and have passive FTP enabled and cannot figure
>out why I cannot use FTP.
>
>Any ideas?

Some FTP sites require a login. Also could your firewall be blocking
them? Post a site you cannot get to.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: