asdf.exe

I recieved a warning from my norton security. It said that a program called,
"asdf.exe" was trying to access the internet. It said it was a high risk
threat. I blocked it on all ports. Can anyone tell me what this program is
and should I keep it blocked?

Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about asdf

    Remove it.

    asdf.exe is probably scumware or a virus.

    Update your antivirus software and do a full system scan.

    Also scan for spyware.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F3B8B71D-F582-4024-9904-67EBED943C4A@microsoft.com,
    Moviemaker7 <Moviemaker7@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I recieved a warning from my norton security. It said that a program
    > called, "asdf.exe" was trying to access the internet. It said it was a
    > high risk threat. I blocked it on all ports. Can anyone tell me what this
    > program is and should I keep it blocked?
    >
    > Thank you

    Have a look here,
    http://p103.ezboard.com/fezboardfrm87.showMessageRange?topicID=7340.topic&start=21&stop=40
    to wade through the gunk do a "Find" on asdf

    Daniel
    "Moviemaker7" <Moviemaker7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recieved a warning from my norton security. It said that a program
    >called,
    > "asdf.exe" was trying to access the internet. It said it was a high risk
    > threat. I blocked it on all ports. Can anyone tell me what this program is
    > and should I keep it blocked?
    >
    > Thank you

Microsoft Windows XP