Sign in with
Your question

How good is my PC for gaming? what should i change?

Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2012 8:20:21 AM

here is my spec
intel core i5
760@ 2.80ghz 2.79ghz
8GB of ram
win7
2T hard disk
HD7970 3GB

More about : good gaming change

a b 4 Gaming
October 23, 2012 8:32:44 AM

Yep, that's fine. What makes you think it wouldn't be?
m
l
October 23, 2012 8:56:12 AM

i have issue with fps =/ somehow and running like bpm sometimes...should i get better board and cpu?
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2012 9:00:59 AM

yeah a new cpu would be best, it might be bottlenecking the graphics card
m
l
October 23, 2012 9:01:18 AM

That is pretty decent to run any game. Are you having issues with all games or any game in particular? Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 23, 2012 9:02:45 AM

I wouldn't - that's still an excellent processor for gaming. Games wouldn't play noticably smoother with the i5s out now. Not sure what you mean about bpm - you mean like a heartbeat? Are games actually laggy or you're measuring the framerate and disappointed with the numbers?
m
l
October 23, 2012 9:12:13 AM

hmmmm....well is not overheat, and the graphic card is new, i was just wondering if i need a new cpu because my mb and cpu is old..and i am getting low fps in all those new games 2012....
m
l
October 23, 2012 9:13:10 AM

computernoob29 said:
yeah a new cpu would be best, it might be bottlenecking the graphics card

any suggestion ? for a good MB and CPU?
m
l
October 23, 2012 9:14:53 AM

crackwhiz said:
That is pretty decent to run any game. Are you having issues with all games or any game in particular? Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

all 2012 games, drivers all updated
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 23, 2012 9:15:11 AM

tweakPT said:
hmmmm....well is not overheat, and the graphic card is new, i was just wondering if i need a new cpu because my mb and cpu is old..and i am getting low fps in all those new games 2012....

Mine is same gen as your's but an i7 920. I remember from benchmarks at the time, the i7 750 (so a fraction slower than your's) was every bit as good as the i7 920 for gaming. And I know from benchmarks of Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge (current gen) models since then that there's not yet been enough improvement that you'll see a noticable difference. It's nothing like the improvement Intel made moving from Core2 Duo/Quad to Core i3/i5/i7. What do you consider a low FPS anyway? Is the gameplay actually slow and jerky?
m
l
October 23, 2012 9:19:01 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Mine is same gen as your's but an i7 920. I remember from benchmarks at the time, the i7 750 (so a fraction slower than your's) was every bit as good as the i7 920 for gaming. And I know from benchmarks of Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge (current gen) models since then that there's not yet been enough improvement that you'll see a noticable difference. It's nothing like the improvement Intel made moving from Core2 Duo/Quad to Core i3/i5/i7. What do you consider a low FPS anyway? Is the gameplay actually slow and jerky?

running normal 50-60 fps...and drop to 1-10, and screen stop moving, 1-2 sec laters back to normal
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 23, 2012 9:23:42 AM

tweakPT said:
running normal 50-60 fps...and drop to 1-10, and screen stop moving, 1-2 sec laters back to normal

And this happens in several games? Sounds like something is screwed possibly on the software side of things... certainly it's not behaviour that would be exhibited by a struggling processor. I'm inclined to think maybe something wrong with your drive or something... or a virus? No harm in running a scan. Do these slowdowns happen at regular intervals or randomly? Defrag your hard disk if you've ever filled it up and write/delete lots to it.

The one component in your system that would be a worthwhile upgrade is an SSD - they're MUCH better than hard disks (but more expensive too). I'm certainly not guaranteeing that it will fix this problem (though it might) - need to keep trying to figure out the cause first.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 23, 2012 6:31:15 PM

tweakPT said:

Did this start to happen after you installed the graphics card? If so i am thinking that's your issue. It might not hurt to run a memtest either, are the RAM cards the same?
m
l
April 18, 2013 12:01:11 AM

MidnightDistort said:
tweakPT said:

Did this start to happen after you installed the graphics card? If so i am thinking that's your issue. It might not hurt to run a memtest either, are the RAM cards the same?

i am sorry for the late reply...but the problem is solved lol ty ;) 
m
l
!